Neverwinter Unblogged’s class hubs are your number one destination for all relevant builds and resources! We constantly maintain this page to make sure all links are updated and contain valid info. We hope this collection of links, spreadsheets and builds will help new players starting the class as well as add valuable hints to the endgame community. If you feel anything is missing or outdated, make sure to contact us!
First of all, please note that all links and resources here are class specific and might require common knowledge of the game. If you’re brand-new, you definitely want to check the “Guides -> New Players” section in the main menu first. Also, general resources and theorycrafting useful for most classes can be found under “Tools & Resources” and are normally not re-listed here.
So you probably came here because you want to play a DC, eh? Well that’s great, because no matter whether you want to just copy a build or seek more information than the casual crowd, the links below are a great way to start!
This is a compilation of links and resources that help in very basic areas of class and character management.
- The official Neverwinter Wiki has all the basic information of what classes and races are available in Neverwinter.
- When adding a new character in the game, Neverwinter unfortunately does a bad job educating players what bonuses ability scores come with and what distributions are possible. The wiki has all the relevant info here as well.
For those that just want a viable build, here you go. Just do what those guys did and you should be fine.
- Coming here you might expect a healing build for a “healing class”. Unfortunately there are no updated healing builds for a simple reason. It’s not viable in endgame PVE content. If you’re still interested to build a full healer, your best bet is to start with what putzboy posted in this thread.
- Included in RJC’s “Help Me Michela!” guide is an AC/DC, DPS DO and Support DO build.
- A good reference to start your Buff PVE DC also is Jarek’s build for a Righteous Anointed Champion. Most people run this or a variant.
- When comparing the paragon paths however, a DO can outperform an AC/DC in specific endgame parties in terms of buffing. Jarek has you covered there as well, he published a DO loadout on his Youtube channel. If you’re interested the AC vs. DO buff theory, Sharpedge has set up a comparison spread sheet that’s also linked in our main menu.
- [Outdated – Mod 9] Speaking of Divine Oracle, putzboy’s write-up is still viable. It hasn’t been updated since Mod 9, but only one feat has really changed (it’s mentioned in the comments) and there’s no reason to repost gear when its really a math game to balance your power/crit.
- We highly recommend the stuff listed above, but here’s a list of updated, but unrated, builds as well:
Multiple sites offer great tools to help building your character.
- A gear ratings simulator is hosted by Neverwinter Uncensored and is updated for Module 13. Please note that you can only save characters if you’re logged in on our message board.
- [Outdated – June 2016] For Feats and Powers, the current way to go is nwcalc.com. It’s still accurate for the current version of the game. The only way it’s labeled as outdated is because tooltips might not represent the current state of the game.
- For other tools, look up the “tools” tab in the blog’s main menu.
Theorycrafting and resources for dedicated players that do want to know why they are spamming certain buttons. If you haven’t played the class for a while, you probably won’t understand most of the following topics.
- The most up-to-date and comprehensive guide to DCs is RJC’s “Help Me Michela!“. It contains all important information, theorycrafting, and comics!!!
- [Mod 12] Darthtzarr’s Class Review is much more than that. It discusses almost every facet of the class, features solid theorycrafting, data, build advise and more.
- Michela AP Gain table is your reference of how much base Action Points certain powers create. It’s very useful for builds that want a high daily uptime, and still very interesting for everyone else.
- The same applies to the Power Sharing reference of Dupeks. It lists most relevant items and whether they add to base power (that can be shared) or not. A must-read for all you AC/DCs that want to become such a beast, and still very interesting for everyone else.
- Elf’s Healing Build is outdated, but the Divinity Gain formula is still accurate. Just ignore the reference to the old PVP set bonus.
- Arcgames user “nevertwi” did tremendous work on DC power animation times and power cancelling. The thread does not only contain raw data, but also rotation conclusions and some general talk about the topic.
- [PC Only] Vira’s keybinds are very useful to aim with Exaltation. Greyjay also lists more stuff in the comments and you might want to check out Dupeks thread as well.
- Evaluating the Devoted Cleric Changes was our coverage of the last big Devoted Cleric changes. Its listed here to add some context where the current state of the class is coming from.
- [Outdated – Mod 5] Kaelac’s Module 5 Devoted Cleric Guide is still the bible for learning the class even though its very dated. It was the first extensive theorycrafting guide on the class and deserves a mention for that alone.
- [Outdated] This At-Will comparison graphic was in Kaleac’s guide. Somebody may want to check if the values are still correct.
As always communities form around certain classes in MMOs. Neverwinter is no different and here are some places to talk.
- The Devoted Clerics of Neverwinter is a fairly active Facebook group.
- [PC Only] The biggest custom ingame channel dedicated to Devoted Clerics is the “DC_channel”. You can find many great players there and a lot of advise for the class. Just type “/channel_join DC_channel” into the chat.
This tab was meant to list stuff relevant for PVP, but despite asking around we weren’t able to dig something up. If you can help out, let us know!
This tab contains gameplay videos, solo runs and fun stuff from the DC community. Most of it is historic and listed here to acknowledge the achievements. The list is sorted by date.
- Neverwinter FBI Speedrun 10:43 (Devoted cleric)
- Neverwinter: Mod 12 – Gray Wolf Den [DC Solo]
- Devoted Cleric Orcus solo – Castle Never (CN)
- Neverwinter – 25 Devoted Clerics doing Tiamat
- Neverwinter Devoted Cleric FH Solo Hrimnir – level 60 era
- Neverwinter: Castle Never Solo run – Devoted Cleric (Righteous) – level 60 era
- NEVERWINTER open beta. Devoted Cleric insane dungeon solo, boss fights, elite trash – beta
- Neverwinter – The Devoted Cleric Original Class Trailer
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 40,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.