Neverwinter Community Watch
The Community Watch is a recurring format on the weekends that summarizes interesting stories, forum posts, links and news in the Neverwinterverse that are worth reporting, but don’t warrant a full own post.
Here’s what happened during a very busy release week:
- The last developer blog about the Maze Engine featured the Queue System.
- The launch was accompanied by some queue bugs, but those should be solved now.
- Not solved are random crashes/freezes inside PVP.
- Many people do not seem to know there is a free Maze Engine Welcome Pack waiting for them at the Reward Claims Agent in the Protector’s Enclave.
- For a future blog PWE does currently want your questions for Chris Perkins, whose Acquisitions Incorporated will be included the new Portobello event next month.
- Meanwhile we are still listening to your dungeon memories for our community roundtable.
- The devs explained how Insignia bonuses stack.
- Still a lot of confusion left about the newly introduced Insignia bonuses though. Examples: Galdiator’s Guile and Protector’s Comeraderie.
- Can a mount with three insignia slots get a bonus that requires only two? No.
- Does Incoming Healing affect Life Steal? Yes.
- Some mounts are not correctly converted into the new system.
- Giveaways are still going strong. Owlbears for Xbox, Howlers for PC.
- Useful VIP keybinds.
- The difficulty of Castle Never was a hot topic throughout the week. Also on our blog.
- Speaking of challenge: Didn’t take long for some to solo Orcus, because companions can apparently tank the boss better than any human. Of course Lazalia threw himself into the mix.
- Related is a general take by @thefabricant on why difficulty is good for the game.
- Looking for videos of complete Castle Never runs? Here you go. Another one. And another one.
- Confused what players are looking for when asking for HDPS in /lfg? This might help. Or confuse even more.
- Can’t surpass the Paladin as tank on your GF? Try a buffer with this guide!
- With fixing the timer of Prophecy of Madness the skirmish became way too hard.
- Bug watch: Valindra’s hand is currently invisible.
- Bug watch: The Shadowclad Enchantment is granting permastealth.
- Bug watch: Loot in epic dungeons is broken.
- People are rightfully raving about the fourth chapter of the Maze Engine campaign. It’s a great quest.
- The Lostmauth kill race still seems to be a thing on the Xbox.
- How long before an Orcus kill race on PC? We already have two entrees: On Fridays We Wear Pink and Beholder Zombie!
- FNHUSA57 has a video up about making Astral Diamonds.