Uncensored Sets New Visitor Record During Ravenloft Launch, Now Serves up to 100,000 Neverwinter Players
Today we came here to celebrate a special milestone set by Neverwinter:Uncensored, and more specifically by you, its community and readers. The Ravenloft launch day not only was our most successful in site history in terms of visitors, we also served up to 100,000 monthly users in August. That’s right, your friendly and only truly independent Neverwinter fansite now shares its articles with a six-digit audience!
Console Launches and Uncensored Rock!
Console module launches are usually when we receive a spike in hits. It’s because we already have tons of content up from the PC version. Meaning the PS4 and Xbox crowd gets articles served on a silver platter! That’s why console launch numbers say a lot about the work we’ve done around here in the previous months. And well, we still rock! Our last record was set on April 24th, the console launch of the Lost City of Omu. Ravenloft topped that by a decent margin.
The 100,000 monthly users might be more of a surprise given that we’ve advertised 50,000 under our articles for the longest time now. With our hoster change we now have access to much more accurate traffic tools that indicate that we’ve likely surpassed the 100,000 mark. It’s a special moment for everyone involved in the project!
New More Reliable Schedule on Unblogged!
We however do not relax and know that growth also comes with responsibilities. That’s why we’re using this announcement to also inform you on some structural changes to the blog. To be honest we’re super happy with the flow of information that comes out of this site. Up until now however we’ve pretty much posted articles as soon as they were finished. That’s cool and all, but we’d like to give you guys a little more consistency what you can expect from the blog on a daily basis. So we’ve set up a basic schedule:
- Mondays from now on will feature our weekly “Wisdom” poll as well as Neverwinter specific news. This could be an interesting quote from the DevTracker or announcements from the studio itself. Excluded are true “breaking news” like module announcements, which we’ll still try to get to you as soon as possible.
- Tuesdays will become our review and preview day with either an evaluation of content that’s already in the game or news from the PTS shard. On some weeks we might not actually have anything, which means this day is also a general wildcard to post some stuff from our backlog. Also before module releases on PC, the previews can extend to other days. We usually publish a separate schedule for that type of coverage (example).
- Wednesdays will host opinions and analysis on the game as well as external game news that are at least randomly connected to Neverwinter. Our MTX News is such an example.
- Thursday turns into our day for guides. This can be reworked or updated guides from the past, or brand-new ones. Excluded are event guides, which will be posted on Fridays as part of our Weekender/Event day.
- Friday: The Weekender will stay on Fridays and be accompanied by additional information (guides, reports, news, analysis) on running events. This will also be our second day for Neverwinter and studio related news.
- Saturday: The weekend starts of with a day full of columns. This is no change to our current schedule. We’ve always had a “Bag of Tricks”, “Exploit/Dungeon History” or similar on Saturdays. And that won’t change. This is also the day for site related news, which is why this posts goes up today!
- Sunday: Also not going anywhere is the Community Watch on Sundays. On this day we’ll also add community news, if there are any.
New Bi-Weekly Newscast and Talkshow
Writing blog articles will remain or bread and butter, but we wouldn’t be ourselves if didn’t add something entirely new to the fold. You know that we’ve experimented with podcast formats in the past, but now want to get a bit more serious by bringing you guys a full bi-weekly show! Uncensored team members and other players will discuss current topics and general news. Currently the plan is to record the show on Friday or the weekend and release it on Mondays on our YouTube channel. The first show will be an introduction and get released on Monday 17th! From there on we’ll be trying to add different people on a (bi)weekly basis. Not all details are ironed out just yet, but we’re excited about this!
Professionalizing the Project
We have furthermore taken steps to professionalize the project. The toolbase code is now maintained on Bitbucket as a private repository and we’ve connected a public Trello board for our issue tracking. So whenever you shoot us a PM, or write an e-mail with bugs or suggestions, it’s going to end up there. It also means you can check on the progress of “your” tickets. Transparency is something we do not only preach but live, and giving you guys a better idea of what we’re currently working on has been on our agenda for a long time now. There’s one restriction though: Currently only our team can manage the board, meaning you can’t add or edit issues yourself.
The same goes for Bitbucket. The repository is private and currently only used to manage the code internally. Using the git environment however means we’ll be able to release some parts as open-source in the future. There are no immediate plans to do so, but it’s an option that we like to have available if the necessity or opportunity arises.
Thanks again to our loyal readers that stick with the project day in and day out! We’re very happy with the current state of Uncensored and as mentioned continue to build on what we already have. Have any suggestions or questions? Share them on our social channels, in the comments below, or visit our message board!
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 75,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.
6 thoughts on “Uncensored Sets New Visitor Record During Ravenloft Launch, Now Serves up to 100,000 Neverwinter Players”
Wow, that’s a huge commitment to content. Thank you so much. I read most articles as soon as they come out, I really appreciate all you do. I’ve never commented before, but wanted to let you know how much what you are doing is valued. Please keep it coming!
Thanks mate, much appreciated!
Congratulations on the major milestone. Thank you to everyone involved in the project.
Did not even know you guys had a podcast. Going to stick them in my ear holes tonight 🙂
Id like to know about the epic insignia “choice” pack please is the choice acc bound and what choices can you pick from thankyou
Comments are closed.