Neverwinter Weekender: Go Complete Campaigns!

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Neverwinter Weekender: Go Complete Campaigns!

Postby beckylunatic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 16:34

I like the double campaign currency events but the decision to run all of them at the same time is overwhelming. Even without the festival extension, it amounts to being torn in too many directions at once.

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Postby TheHappyLion » Fri Jan 06, 2017 17:28

Poor, poor becky....

instynctive
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Postby instynctive » Fri Jan 06, 2017 17:56

Complete campaigns? That would be nice. Instead, I'm running Tyranny nonstop because, well, the Mimic is a greedy bitch.

beckylunatic

Postby beckylunatic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 18:58

TheHappyLion wrote:
Poor, poor becky....

Guild needs nearly a million more Tyranny for the next upgrade, and it's not unreasonable to estimate that at least half of our campaign currency donations come from my account. But because I have also been picking away at the Linu grind by crafting treasures for the hoard (I got a lot of Linu from the treasures crafted using currency earned the previous time they ran 2xTyranny), I run short on Tyranny. The festival vouchers are making more difference to the coffer than I likely could by questing, but obtaining these eats at least an hour a day. I could have been addressing Linus for boons via festival fishing, but there is never any time at all left for that.

I've also realized that the amount of guild marks that I have spent on masterwork charts is designed to be split among at least ten people, and that's why trying to use them up is not actually possible.

And yes, I do self-identify as a crazy person. See handle. NW wasn't problematic for me up until Tiamat came out, but has been snowballing ever since.

What I write is to try to express how I feel the game has changed for the worse, even if that perspective is colored by my personal challenges. I am not the only person who feels that every further addition to the game makes too much demand on time. I resent being treated as though it were a bid for sympathy.

TheHappyLion

Postby TheHappyLion » Fri Jan 06, 2017 19:26

It's amazing how much text you can illicit simply by omitting a smiley. Relax, crazy girl. ;) I feel your pain, but I also don't stress about it. Be thankful you have things to do that you (hopefully) enjoy doing. Personally, I am sick of running influence. The pressure to farm campaign currencies is on. And none of that shit is any fun at all. How about giving us campaign currencies for stuff we like to do? That would be really helpful, and perhaps even fun. I can't stand to do another HE. They aren't hard. They are just boring as fuck, only requiring a DPS zerg. Our guild is now hitting the need for the metric shit ton of Frozen Treasures. We farm a bit, but realistically, we are buying our way through the grind. The new dungeon changes may have a drastic impact on SH progression. The more days I spend playing, the more I wish I wasn't.

beckylunatic

Postby beckylunatic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 19:28

Ok Lion, let's hug cats, if you are lucky enough to have a cat. Cats are swell. They never want me to farm anything except naps.

TheHappyLion

Postby TheHappyLion » Fri Jan 06, 2017 19:42

I can out-nap any cat.