community moderators

In the spirit of discussing what shall now be discussed, discuss! Share your absurd, funny or even lauding stories about the PWE support/moderation, we're sure you have some! Direct quotes of messages are absolutely allowed.
Spidey_the_great
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: community moderators

Postby Spidey_the_great » Fri Jun 16, 2017 05:58

LancerOPM wrote:
because this is not a matter of being legit or not, its a matter of cryptic design forcing their players to bot.

...speechless...
Anyway...is this a thread about bots? Just asking..

Gemmed Exquisite
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Postby Gemmed Exquisite » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:31

Spidey_the_great wrote:
LancerOPM wrote:
because this is not a matter of being legit or not, its a matter of cryptic design forcing their players to bot.

...speechless...
Anyway...is this a thread about bots? Just asking..

Of course it is, can't you read the title of the topic?

"Community moderators "

and botting ethics

j0Shi
Site Admin

Postby j0Shi » Tue Jul 04, 2017 18:47

Janne wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/6fsvxb/request_for_zebular_to_step_down_from_forum/

Just a little follow-up here. Hearing that zeb felt he was treated unfairly and that this was part of an ongoing crusade by a certain group of players. He tried to get the devs to back up the mod team either internally or even publicly. Not sure this is 100% legit info, so take it with a grain of salt. Either way I think it's clear that Julia and PWE feel good about their team, and that the community won't likely be able to get a substantial discussion going.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Janne
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Postby Janne » Tue Jul 04, 2017 20:48

I was realistic in my expectations, but at the end it's shame that the conclusion that they got is not "Maybe e can improve on few things here" and instead "crusade by a certain group of people"...

I wonder how I was grouped there, because I'm not a group, and the only group I can think of is mis-moderated.

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Postby TheHappyLion » Wed Jul 05, 2017 04:25

But hey, Manic is on the Discord server now, so all is good.

silence1x
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Postby silence1x » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:29

TheHappyLion wrote:
But hey, Manic is on the Discord server now, so all is good.

noticed that myself.

ambisinisterr
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Postby ambisinisterr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 17:56

Janne wrote:
I was realistic in my expectations, but at the end it's shame that the conclusion that they got is not "Maybe e can improve on few things here" and instead "crusade by a certain group of people"...

I wonder how I was grouped there, because I'm not a group, and the only group I can think of is mis-moderated.

Who said they didn't? They most certainly didn't tell you that. ;)

There IS a small group of players who argue over every action as well as people who just simply don't understand and/or are unwilling to understand the rules. Most of the time the complaints come from these individuals who are in the clearly in the wrong when you see the entire situation instead of one side of it.

I don't know who Josh's source was but it sounds like half of the story, if that.
The part about getting the devs to back the mod team either internally or even publicly isn't correct at all as far as I know. I can't vouch to know Zeb's private conversations but that doesn't sound right. The devs apologized for that message while Andy was on vacation and again through Andy when he got back. So at least half of that is completely inaccurate.

You're unlikely to get a more substantial discussion than what you have already gotten with me on the forums or Trips in the discord server but that doesn't mean you are being ignored. I would have hoped that was clear by now.

That doesn't mean that we are open to changing everything or making any obvious changes to the rules. For instance being allowed to discuss exploit details or moderation on the forums is absolutely not on the table to change. Period. Being more lenient and loose on the rules and/or their interpretation definitely is, though.

clonkyo1
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Postby clonkyo1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 14:23

I think that the problem is deeper than that, Ambi. We all saw how some non-glitch/exploit-related posts and threads were deleted and/or closed for no reason, just due the arbitrariness and opinions of "certain" moderators about the users posting those posts/threads.

Hell, Ambi, this website were created due that very same reason: Unless we call "hard names" (being gentle) to other users, we freely can talk here. There, it's almost impossible.

clonkyo1
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Postby clonkyo1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 06:19

am i the only one with these problems?? Forums don't load after i log in... :S

Anyone else having problems with that?
Attachments
bandicam 2017-07-16 08-13-55-905.jpg
bandicam 2017-07-16 08-13-55-905.jpg (225.54 KiB) Viewed 73 times