NW Forum Moderator Satisfaction Survey

In the spirit of discussing what shall now be discussed, discuss! Share your absurd, funny or even lauding stories about the PWE support/moderation, we're sure you have some! Direct quotes of messages are absolutely allowed.
ambisinisterr
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: NW Forum Moderator Satisfaction Survey

Postby ambisinisterr » Mon Oct 09, 2017 15:51

Oh no. I am sure they plan to do all sorts of horrible things with your @handle.

They probably gave it to RWT so they can spam you more! The audacity!
Or...more likely...it's sitting in a survey that isn't being used for anything. Take off the tin foil and I'll get you a glass of water.

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Postby TheHappyLion » Mon Oct 09, 2017 16:10

More likely, based on what information?

Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Postby Shadowblade » Mon Oct 09, 2017 22:18

LOL! Did they ask for your @handle as well as character name? I never put any genuine details into anything on the internet.
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Nippers Meowington
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Postby Nippers Meowington » Tue Oct 10, 2017 14:51

While we're at it, please send me your last 4 ss digits just so I can weed out alt account posters on NWO. Don't worry it won't be used for anything. It will just sit in my message box.

looooooooooogic!

ambisinisterr

Postby ambisinisterr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 15:27

There are no words to express the unbelievable level of paranoia some of you have.

It's a DISPLAY NAME. It's not something that is a security risk. For most people their official forum usernames are their in game @handle (with a number after)...
It is in no way anywhere near comparable to asking for actual personal details. That is what is known as a hyperbole.

Again, take off the tin foil. The world isn't out to get you and life is more enjoyable when you stop worrying about imaginary threats.

Nippers Meowington

Postby Nippers Meowington » Tue Oct 10, 2017 16:31

That's what you want us to think mister wise guy

Shadowblade

Postby Shadowblade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 16:42

A display name linked to a game account which is linked to an e-mail address. Totally safe. Who said ambisinisterr was dumb? After all, there's no such thing as viruses or hackers and there's never been any ransomware attacks in the history of computing.

I suppose someone who stacks shelves in a warehouse probably has nothing worth stealing. I wonder if he never bothers looking both ways when he crosses the road as well?

Funny how fake character names and @handles are considered "private" and "personal" by the forum and support.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

ambisinisterr

Postby ambisinisterr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 17:10

The paranoia is truly astounding. Because somebody knows your DISPLAY NAME which is VISIBLE IN THE GAME somebody will then hack into Cryptic's servers to get your email address and then steal everything you own. I truly hope you are trolling.

If you aren't than I am even more baffled why you would even dare to risk playing an online game at all let alone a fan forum where the admin (let alone any passing hacker)could hack into your computer directly (or figure out the route taken by your VPN) and take everything you own.

And NO @handles are NOT considered private. Usernames (the one you use to log in) would be. Your @handle (display name) is more than likely your Official Forum display name as well.

Shadowblade

Postby Shadowblade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 17:18

They ARE considered private, because PWE will never reveal the results of "investigations" due to "privacy" concerns.

Which is odd for a Chinese company run from one of the most oppressive totalitarian regimes in the world.

And Character_Name@gamehandle is hardly covered by any data protection act or privacy laws, anyway. It's hardly DoB, NI number, terrestrial address, bank details etc. It's just an excuse to do fuck all.

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Postby TheHappyLion » Tue Oct 10, 2017 17:30

Well, Manic was actually out to get me and tried to get me kicked from my guild after finding out my @handle. So tin foil has nothing to do with it. Eat a dick.

ambisinisterr

Postby ambisinisterr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 18:04

You are completely misunderstanding what is being considered private.

The @handle and character names are not private. It is:

1) Whether an account is being investigated IF you were not the one who reported the person
2) What the results of the investigation are.
3) if you are asking any personal information about an @handle/character.
(You can check if there is an existing @handle just by trying to add friend so while support may not give an answer it is hardly "private")

Your @handle is your personal information but it is not private.

No MMO 'names and shames' players for any actions taken against the users. It has always been stated to be due to the privacy policies which are created to conform with privacy laws. I have never cared enough to dig for the exact line within the privacy laws (and it may not even be a law in your country as these polcies are enacted to conform to as many countries as possible) which prohibits the naming and shaming of users by the company but suffice to say if it is a line that countless MMO's tout there is likely a legal reason behind it.

Also I implore you to actually read the privacy policy of various MMO's. They are defining the contract between you and the company regarding how the company is permitted to use your personal information which DOES include your @handle/username depending on the MMO.

Blizzard: "Blizzard will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Policy."
PWE: "We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement."

What is not in the privacy policy is just as important as what is in it because the company is bound by that contractual agreement ONLY to disclose your personal information in the ways presented in the privacy policy. So by not saying 'we will inform the public of any actions taken against your account' it is equivically saying they will not do so.

Also note: this is a contract between you and the company. You are free to do what you want with your personal information which is only private to the public if you choose to keep it private.

PWE: "You understand that when you use the community features of our Service, information you post in public or private groups, forums, and other interactive areas of the Service, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Service, will be available to other users and in some cases (such as when you post to a public area of the Service) may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious in giving out personal information to others or sharing such information in public or private online forums."

The @handle is not considered secure. It's personal to you and thus it does fall under the privacy policy but that is between you and the company. The company line would be to say "never share your log in name" and "never share your password" but your @handle is not considered a security risk and thus is only disclaimed to basically say 'don't hold us responsible for people knowing your @handle'

Nippers Meowington

Postby Nippers Meowington » Wed Oct 11, 2017 15:39

Ok, then what is my @handle?

Shadowblade

Postby Shadowblade » Wed Oct 11, 2017 23:57

Is Ambi talking about a poll on the official forum? I thought this was about a private poll on a third party web site?

Guam
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Postby Guam » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03

Quote:
Well, Manic was actually out to get me and tried to get me kicked from my guild after finding out my @handle. So tin foil has nothing to do with it. Eat a dick.
Wow seriously?
Why would anyone think they can get someone kicked from their Guild, almost every Guild leadership I have spoken to have set rules for that (trolling Dungeons runs, Harassing players etc). Peoples opinions generally would not be actioned by most sensible leadership teams?

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Postby Took » Mon Nov 13, 2017 01:14

Hi NW Un folks.
I am Took. Played NW from 2013-2017. Left when they gave players the middle finger for the 20th time.
Playing many other (better) games now, but NW was a great game. One of the best combat engines EVER.
I will never deny that.
But... the company and the forum moderators are scumbags. So. I and all of the game founders left.
Bht enjoy, kepp playing as long as you are having fun.
Posting this in responsw to zeveral Qs about that moderatot survey.
Answer: Yes , it was a real survey. Not a scam. (What would we GAIN exactly? Money?. Yeah. No.)
Both the asshole-kissing modedatora and the devs told us directly:
"We do not care what the community says on your survey.... Nothing will change."
So, we left and never looked back.
I don't want NW to did. It was a great game. Hope it remainals fum. CYA. Took.

Logged onto

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Postby Took » Mon Nov 13, 2017 01:16

Hi NW Un folks.
I am Took.

Played NW from 2013-2017. Left when forum moderators and Cryptic gave players the middle finger for the 20th time.
Playing many other (better) games now, but NW was a great game.
Wl always remember NW fondly. Good times.
One of the best combat engines EVER.
I will never deny that.
But... the company and the forum moderators are scumbags. So....
I and all of the game founders left.

Posting this in response to several Qs and PMs about that old impotent moderator survey.
But enjoy, keep paying as long as you are having fun. Leave when it is no longer fun.

Answer: 1 , it was a real survey. Not a scam. (What would we GAIN exactly? Money?. Yeah. No.)
Both the asshole-kissing modedators and the devs told us directly:
"We do not care what the community says on your survey.... Nothing will change."
So, we left and never looked back.
I don't want NW to DIE. It was a great game. Hope it remains fun.
That's it. Kept my word to DBaggs (follow him on Twitch) and gave closure to this thread. CYA. Took.

clonkyo1
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Postby clonkyo1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 13:43

Are you all really discussing this matter? You should take my advice: until Zeb and Kreatyve are out from moderation, the game is fine as it stands nowadays and let zeb and Maniac to do what they told us long time ago: they stated that they found a lot of bugs which are reported every day. Since i took this position and don't fucking care about them, i'm watching more complains on forums than ever. ^^ .