community moderators

In the spirit of discussing what shall now be discussed, discuss! Share your absurd, funny or even lauding stories about the PWE support/moderation, we're sure you have some! Direct quotes of messages are absolutely allowed.
TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: community moderators

Post by TheHappyLion »

for example

Guam
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Guam »

beckylunatic wrote:If you can manage to show somebody they are wrong without calling them names and so forth, then the mods probably won't have a problem with you.

There are plenty of people also saying "GWF is not fine", "artifact levelling won't be that bad", "GFs in PvP are still ridiculous" but they're managing to do so without attacking anyone in the process. Their conversation is actually productive and therefore allowed to stand.
"Probably" and "Productive", there is the issue for many of us, who determines productive? The mods do, so a comment that is not insulting but is anti anothers stance (including the devs) without suggesting another way to address the issue would be deemed unproductive? Just seeking clarification here.
As for your qualification of "probably" why should there bee any doubt? If it does not violate the Tos then why should it not be allowed to stand?

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by beckylunatic »

Because believe it or not, I believe the mods ARE fallible, so I'm not going to 100% back every single decision ever made.
"no logs, only fix"

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion »

Screenshot_20170915-142059.png
Screenshot_20170915-142059.png (346.69 KiB) Viewed 3411 times
That's me. Banned for harassment after that one.

clonkyo1
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by clonkyo1 »

Surely, after than answer, she went to sleep nicely...

puddles

Post by puddles »

I'm sure she put a Dreidel in the oven, snapped off a salute, and said "This is for you FTFUbot".

Shadowblade
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Shadowblade »

clonkyo1 wrote:So, if i join the discussion and make them all look like what they are: liars (which is agains ToS), then i will be the one shadow banned and modetared, not the others spreading misinformation and BIAS data. And THIS is what moderation is allowing.
I can see that English is not your first language, but why do you think you have to call people liars? Or even assume that they are liars? They might just be mistaken, or wrong. Three year olds do not understand this, but by the age of 5 or 6, we can grasp the difference between an untrue thing being a deliberate lie or an ill-informed error.

They might be trolling and lying, but they might just be ill-informed. The forum infraction is to call them liars or trolls, not to tell them they are mistaken and then show actual evidence to support your comment.

And if they flame-bait or troll-bait in response, call your videos fake and your data invented, ignore it and report the post.

;)
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

clonkyo1

Post by clonkyo1 »

Shadowblade wrote: But why do you think you have to call people liars? Or even assume that they are liars?
because once any player disproves them yet they keep saying the same "unaccurated" information, then, they are liying. it's like
- "i can one rotate BiS PvP players with my GF" [the most common reference]
- It's impossible!
- [video showing how a GF can one rotate a BiS PvP player]
- "That's fake! it's impossible! I can't do that! the other player is undergeared", etc. -> from this point onwards, this players has been disproved with real data and real proof on the matter, hence, liying and spreading missinformation. "you" note the behaviour [not need to call that player "liar" but say "well, i proved that i can one shot BiS pvp players"] yet this last player will be the one punished. You can say that this is an exaggeration, however, a lot of us, even TOP players suffered it. [on this point, is interesting to note that the "liar" usually call "us" names yet they are not punished as hard as we, legit players, are.

If we take those aforementioned players as "trolls", the situation, then, is worse that i just described...

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

clonkyo1 wrote:
Shadowblade wrote: But why do you think you have to call people liars? Or even assume that they are liars?
because once any player disproves them yet they keep saying the same "unaccurated" information, then, they are liying. it's like
- "i can one rotate BiS PvP players with my GF" [the most common reference]
- It's impossible!
- [video showing how a GF can one rotate a BiS PvP player]
- "That's fake! it's impossible! I can't do that! the other player is undergeared", etc. -> from this point onwards, this players has been disproved with real data and real proof on the matter, hence, liying and spreading missinformation.
"you" note the behaviour [not need to call that player "liar" but say "well, i proved that i can one shot BiS pvp players"] yet this last player will be the one punished.
...is interesting to note that the "liar" usually call "us" names yet they are not punished as hard as we, legit players, are.
Well, I agree that some of the moderators are utterly biased, prejudicial and dishonest morons on a power trip, Zebutard being one of the worst. And once they have edited one of your posts, they seem to focus on you like a bloodhound and edit every single post you make, particularly when there's no need to edit it at all. This is deliberate provocation and why I will never post there again until Zebutard is removed.

But I am not sure what you are trying to say.

So, people claim your GF cannot one-rotate BIS PvP players to death, so you post a video of you doing that, and that is evidence of what? That GFs are not over-powered?

You see, a video is not actually evidence of anything beyond the anecdotal. And the one-rotated, so-called "BIS" player could well have been actually an under-geared nab in blues and greens unless you have proved otherwise.

What would be evidence would be a video PLUS ACT log with a total of all damage done by the pair of you, shot in IWD with no companions active and showing all your gear, stat ratings, insignia and boons before starting and all HIS gear etc before starting, with no edits, and then you dual to the death.

Make a video like that, get a BIS friend and then kill him in one rotation, while he defends and fights back and tries to kill YOU, not just standing there.

Or vice versa if your GWF is the BIS player getting one-shot by a GF.

Having said all that, I was in IWD a few months back and a PvE GF was strutting about saying he could kill anyone and did not need tenacity. Several people told him he had no chance, as he had no PvP gear and was not even BIS for PvE.

So some fool, semi-BIS PvP CW finally accepted his challenge.

He then ran off with one of those rings that turn you invisible while moving, with Drain marks etc, ITF'd and ran back and Bull-Rushed the cloth-clad CW in the back, Anvilled his head and Dailied on top for more prone and Crushing Surged the last few hp off him.

But that GF was cheating.

Yeah, he changed some gear after his challenge was accepted.

But you cannot respond to liars and trolls on the official forum by calling them liars and trolls. Post a video like the one I mentioned, with ACT log, graphs and tables, and anyone who says it's fake or you're lying, ignore them and report them for trolling, flame-baiting etc.

;)
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

clonkyo1

Post by clonkyo1 »

Shadowblade wrote: So, people claim your GF cannot one-rotate BIS PvP players to death, so you post a video of you doing that, and that is evidence of what? That GFs are not over-powered?
To prove that GF class can one rotate other BiS PvP player, not that the class is OP .
Shadowblade wrote: You see, a video is not actually evidence of anything beyond the anecdotal. And the one-rotated, so-called "BIS" player could well have been actually an under-geared nab in blues and greens unless you have proved otherwise.
Well, you can always inspect the other player to show that the other player is also a BiS one.
Shadowblade wrote: What would be evidence would be a video PLUS ACT log with a total of all damage done by the pair of you, shot in IWD with no companions active and showing all your gear, stat ratings, insignia and boons before starting and all HIS gear etc before starting, with no edits, and then you dual to the death.
This is the very same thing i said back in the days, they some trolls just understood that "a piece of peaper with 2 lines is a graph and a video is just to shown what you want to show, not real data" ... I were like "wow, really?"
Shadowblade wrote: But you cannot respond to liars and trolls on the official forum by calling them liars and trolls. Post a video like the one I mentioned, with ACT log, graphs and tables, and anyone who says it's fake or you're lying, ignore them and report them for trolling, flame-baiting etc.
It's not just "calling names" is just even more a simple matter of saying "well, i paste a video where i show you how it's done. If you don't understand this, then, you're liying" and here is when mod-tards like Zeb and Maniac kicks in...

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

clonkyo1 wrote:It's not just "calling names" is just even more a simple matter of saying "well, i paste a video where i show you how it's done. If you don't understand this, then, you're liying" and here is when mod-tards like Zeb and Maniac kicks in...
Ah, that was your mistake. You can't do that on the official forums. It's against the rules, even if it's true - but especially if it is true and you can prove it. And we all know what an absolutely retarded, butt-munching, felching imbecile Zebutard is.

In fact, even if you took it to private mail, Zebutard is SUCH a retarded imbecile, he would turn around and say that the forum rules still apply to PMs, and you just referred to unnamed forum members as liars in a PM to him, and that's flaming and trolling, and "issue an infraction" for it. THAT is how weak, ineffective, brain-dead, tiny-minded, power-tripping, pig-shit stupid and determined to "win" at any cost he is.

But telling someone they are lying in a forum post is the same as calling them a liar, which is a direct flame and against the rules. You should ignore it and report the post for trolling, as they are implying that YOU are lying when they say your data is faked. And that HAS to be trolling, to any reasonably intelligent person of reasonable firmness.

But you probably won't find one of those acting as a moderator on that forum.

You can't even say what I would probably say:
"If you don't understand this, then it's not a video and ACT log you need, it's medical treatment."

Or
"If you don't understand this, then you don't understand much about the game or how it works." That, Zebutard would probably call trolling as it has you in the sights of its moronic radar.

"If you don't understand this, then I suggest you re-watch the video and study the ACT logs again." would probably be OK, and you should also report them.

LOL! I just remembered, when I was about 15, our English teacher told us that if we can't spell a word, we should look it up in a dictionary. I asked her:

"But if we don't know how to spell it, how can we look it up in a dictionary?"

She said "Well, if you don't have some idea, then it's not a dictionary you need, it's treatment."

But we were British, and that's how we roll. The problem with the English language forum for the Dragon Server is that it caters to the entire non-Russian, non-Chinese world, but it is run from America and so infested with their cultural misappropriations,

where Ass is ONLY your buttocks and not a donkey,
where Cock is ONLY a penis and not a male chicken,
where "Come for the feast buff" when you use a Hero's Feast on a Draconic Herald run used to be censored in chat,
where your history would be censored if it had "Oh, a Comedian, eh?" in it, because all instances of COM must be a pirate web site etc.

That's why so much innocuous and inoffensive stuff gets HAMSTERED out, including verses from their Bible.

And it's not just PWE, it's every forum administered from those science-forsaken, God-Squadding shores.

And they can be SO over-sensitive... Over absolutely nothing.

If they don't understand it, there must be an insult in there somewhere.

:lol:

But that's the interwebs for you...

:lol:

clonkyo1

Post by clonkyo1 »

and thats the reason that i am not reporting any single bug since my last shadowban. Whatever they do, it's fine, even bugs and exploits, because their moderation team allow so. ^^

Samu
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by Samu »

It has been my experience that Zebular and Kreatyve go back and worth between each other, even if blatant misabuse of power and forums rules are present by the moderator. Zebular will quote a rule, troll baiting he person and then when he gets a response that questions him/it he then has Kreatyve chime in to back him/it up.
A complete clean sweep of the moderators would be best when it comes to the neverwinter forums.

PiratePete
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by PiratePete »

Samu wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 01:43
It has been my experience that Zebular and Kreatyve go back and worth between each other, even if blatant misabuse of power and forums rules are present by the moderator. Zebular will quote a rule, troll baiting he person and then when he gets a response that questions him/it he then has Kreatyve chime in to back him/it up.
A complete clean sweep of the moderators would be best when it comes to the neverwinter forums.
I agree. Same with Reddit. Manic is clearly a high functioning troll. As a whole they do more harm then good.

Burlyfish

Post by Burlyfish »

PWE.Community@perfectworld.com Please send emails people giving input on ways KREATYVE has broken moderation rules having her as a moderator for arc and redit is only hurting this game.

Mikal
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Mikal »

I Just quit the official neverwinter forums and moved over here after issues with kreatyve modding and deleting pretty much everything i had to say.

A while back i made a post discussing my issues with chult and how i felt that dinosaurs had far too much aggro, the post reveived decent community engagement.
Then about a week before i quit i made a seperate post, also about chult, but with a long list of gaurdian fighter bugs that i hoped would be seen by the devs. When i logged into the forums later i noticed that my new thread had been merged with the old one and ALL of my gaurdian fighter bug reports had been deleted...leaving only a tiny bit of my original text.

I posted at kreatyve in the thread politely and usinf the words "with respect", saying that deleting the majority of my post only ensured that the devs would never see the bugs....and so not be able to fix it. I accused her of censoring criticism (which was true). A while later i received a message from kreatyve saying that i had received a warning, and that i was breaking community guidelines by reposting (even though the meat of the post was entirely different)

What made me laugh is that the message said if i attempted to repost about chult it would just be deleted. But in the same message she said if i wanted to create a new thread about my GF that would be fine. But she openly admitted that she would delete it since it references chult. The forums are nonsense

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

Mikal wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 22:23
I Just quit the official neverwinter forums and moved over here after issues with kreatyve modding and deleting pretty much everything i had to say.
Welcome to the club!

Copy that PM as a complaint to the Community Manager and ask whether what Kreatyve is doing is actually what moderators are non-employed to do and if she agrees with the "logic".

One they notice you, they do tend to edit every single post you make for no valid reason, probably in an attempt to troll-bait and flame-bait you into breaking more "rules". They tell you to discuss things in PMs, but when they lose a rational argument and are forced to confront their own stupidity, they then say forum rules also apply to PMs and discussing moderation is not allowed. So they invent an excuse to ban you for a week because you did what they said in the first place and took it to PMs.

I've not seen your post or thread, but the only semi-reasonable thing I can think of is that a Bug Thread about Chult should be specific to Chult. A bug thread about GFs should be specific to GFs. So Kretwatyve could, possibly, argue that the two should not be combined in a single post unless the GF bugs are specifically caused by, or occurred after, the Chult updates. But if that is the case, a good moderator would move your GF comments to a GF bug thread or just the GF forum. A lazy moderator would delete huge chunks rather than edit and rewrite your comments to reflect their version of the reality of the rules.

But knowing Kretwatyve and Zebutard, they probably think that a long list of Bugs is "Dev Bashing". That is why emotional commentary should be excluded and your posts should contain only objective, verifiable facts.

Keeping a copy of your posts in Notepad is always useful.

~
Mikal wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 22:23
I posted at kreatyve in the thread politely and usinf the words "with respect", saying that deleting the majority of my post only ensured that the devs would never see the bugs....and so not be able to fix it. I accused her of censoring criticism (which was true).
Ah, that was your error. You should not have done that in the thread, particularly discussing the moderation publicly and accusing her of censorship. They hate that. Especially if it's true.

If you posted GF bugs in the Chult Bug Thread, they do not belong there unless they only occurred after the Chult updates and could be shown to be caused by the Chult updates. Post them in the GF sub-Forum and do not reference Chult.

The only way is to play them and beat them at their own game.

:)

Mikal
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Mikal »

The issue is that the GF bugs relate specifically to chult, they were to do with dinosaurs using control affects against me while villains menace was active....and while i have a shield up. There is literally no way i can make my opinion heard without referencing chult.
The annoying thing is that the warning message stated that i'm not allowed to contact a moderator over a warning without breaking more community rules. So they have a system where they do whatever they want without consequence, complaining or asking questions isn't tolerated. It may sound extreme but the forums could be likened to nazi germany.

Burlyfish

Post by Burlyfish »

kreatyve has also been hunting me out for the past few months removing my comments only because she does not like them. Along with that she gets way to involved in taking a side in a discussion a good mod should remain neutral for the most part or maybe speak out after the tread has begun to take its course. Not be the first one to jump in and click disagree on any tread that may show negative feed back to the developers or cryptic. Once she does that then it is pretty much just a flag for the 4 or 5 active people that she favors to post there opinions all the while removing any other persons thread that contends against.

After she has done that to several comments or posts she will make some snyd reply about how it looks like that person is the minority.
Funny i was just looking for the thread where she basically attacked me saying the nobody agrees yet it looks like the whole thread is gone now. That sucks cause i really wanted to make sure to send a screen shot of it to PWE.Community@perfectworld.com once again people please speak out and send any grievances you have .

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

Mikal wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 02:56
The issue is that the GF bugs relate specifically to chult, they were to do with dinosaurs using control affects against me while villains menace was active....and while i have a shield up. There is literally no way i can make my opinion heard without referencing chult.
In that case, she is certifiably insane.

You cannot contact a moderator in the public forum about a warning, but you can PM them. All forums have this sort of rule.

Except this one, as there is no moderation! :)

But do not contact a moderator, make a formal complaint to the Community Manager, and ask if you can forward the PMs which contain unjustified threats and which forbid you to report bugs on pain of deletion and further warnings. It's best to ask, otherwise they can say you have broken a rule about forwarding PMs, although they do it themselves.

Also, check whether those "GF in Chult" bugs have already been reported. It is not unusual for these sorts of pathetic Dunning-Krugers to have a semi-logical reason for their actions and just not explain it to you as you are so far beneath them.

They prefer to use the Power Trip approach, and goose step up and down the forum in their virtual jackboots, praising der Führer while retaining their own faeces far beyond all normal human endurance and rubbing their groin areas with micro-tweezers.

:D