River District Zone Guide: Dig Sites, Heroic Encounters and Demiplanes

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

River District Zone Guide: Dig Sites, Heroic Encounters and Demiplanes

Post by j0Shi »

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: River District Zone Guide: Dig Sites, Heroic Encounters and Demiplanes

Post by beckylunatic »

You occasionally get sewer/crypt/dungeon maps in treasure chests, so I don't bother buying them. I'll use a map I already have if I manage to find an unopened site, but with resources being so easy to come by, I don't see the need to worry about opening a specific site type as long as the zone is active. Not worth the inventory they take up.

If taking a daily quest to grab an extra macguffin from a site you're looting, simply look at the map to see what type of sites are open where you want to go and take the corresponding quest, rather than picking up a quest and looking for a corresponding dig.

If you don't open the boxes with portal stones, you can save them for when you have more time, and you can apparently also group up to leech from other players' stones, though I don't know how the rewards are delivered in that case.

I didn't know about the Rumble quest from dock hands until yesterday, but that seems to generate enough surface kills to get a Stencil Cipher as well, which I don't mind running around to complete. I'll kill the groups of adventurers if I see them, but this was a pain in the ass even on preview with no competition. If that quest takes a week to complete each time, ohwell.
"no logs, only fix"

PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by PutzBoy78 »

I target dungeons, because its a lot easier to put magic in the HE timer than it is to find dig sites to invest in. I know if i go to a magic HE site, i can make a donation, no running around looking for a damage post to resupply.

The rewards are the same, regardless of whether you hold the portal stone or are just a member of the party, you can leech off me becky :)

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion »

It's better to team up for the jumping puzzle because only one needs to get across. The others can just die and respawn with whomever made it.