The Lowbie Diaries Vol. 39: Dread Ring on One Weekend

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

The Lowbie Diaries Vol. 39: Dread Ring on One Weekend

Post by j0Shi »

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: The Lowbie Diaries Vol. 39: Dread Ring on One Weekend

Post by PutzBoy78 »

just get chult weapons for now, faster, easier, and good enough for new players. Very good "value" in weapons.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Buying Chult weapons saves so much on playing cube-of-augmentation bingo. Just have to be patient to get the right powers at a competitive price. Not everyone crafting them knows they can get away with putting a premium on the best off-hand bonuses.

The current high volume of items on the AH makes this easier to do. I'm sure that will die down as people move on.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

beckylunatic wrote:Buying Chult weapons saves so much on playing cube-of-augmentation bingo. Just have to be patient to get the right powers at a competitive price. Not everyone crafting them knows they can get away with putting a premium on the best off-hand bonuses.

The current high volume of items on the AH makes this easier to do. I'm sure that will die down as people move on.
Bag of Tricks incoming! :mrgreen:
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

PutzBoy78 wrote:just get chult weapons for now, faster, easier, and good enough for new players. Very good "value" in weapons.
I still wanna go through the River District grind for the project. I haven't on any of my mains because they have Relics. Will touch on weapon options in the next piece though.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 »

there was an active debate on the alliance channel the other night. Started with an 8K tr asking which weapon he should be focusing on acquiring is.

Quickly the response was relic and stronghold of which a couple of us countered chult, lol

From my view of the world you have to consider time and funding. If someone is 8K and asking what best weapon is. You assume they haven't been playing very long, and lack funds. In general weapons are a key component to your character but they are expensive. Stronghold weapons are great, but if you not at a point in the game where you have expendable income, they are probably not a good investment for you because there are very good options for much much cheaper and the relic grind for marks is just an insane undertaking. Think of all that game time that can be spent on farming better armor, rp, etc.

RD of course is in the middle, can be BIS for some builds, the grind is not terrible.

At this point I could not in good conscience recommend anyone start the relic grind at this point.

So that really leaves

Stronghold: only if you have expendable income (rich)
RD: If you got plenty of playing time
Chult: I want an upgrade right away