Looking Back at Elemental Evil, Neverwinter's Worst Module to Date

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

Looking Back at Elemental Evil, Neverwinter's Worst Module to Date

Post by j0Shi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 14:01

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Looking Back at Elemental Evil, Neverwinter's Worst Module to Date

Post by PutzBoy78 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 18:10

Thanks for the post J0shi, small correction

the mote farming for weapon sets didn't exist until module 8, in module 6 there was only one lvl70 weapon set available and it was collected through the campaign, one piece was from reaching lvl 70, the other from completing spinward rise.

Another thing about mod 6 was the new lvl70 artifact necks dropped from the module 5 heralds, everyone queued up the hes pre module 6 and opened the rewards after, it was enough that essentially the whole server had access to this upgrade immediately and cheaply.

Same topic different issue, the new pvp set used existing pvp currencies so was pre-farmed before module 6. In my case i pre-farmed it so i'd have an epic lvl70 set to farm my pve set.

module 6 also introduced BIS gear only available through seals (it couldn't be farmed as drops) and seals had a theoretical daily cap because of the bonus seals earned from a dungeon each day. Because of the bonus seal cap and the dungeon difficulties people would finish one dungeon a day (ECC via exploit) then run etos and abandon the instance after 2nd boss (this also meant pug queuers kept ending up in abandoned instances).

Also the lvl70 gear was so bad that most people continued to run lvl 60 gear (assuming they could survive with the low HP).

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 14:04

Thanks Putz, you're absolutely right about the Artifact Weapons. My memory fooled me here :D

Legacy T2 sets are also an interesting point that I might add to the article. Devs definitely thought they would get rid of them with the level cap raise.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 21:13

hmm, could be an interesting topic to review what set bonuses were compared to what we have today. There was certainly a lot more creative options. While there was certainly BIS sets that supported the meta. There were creative options depending on your build characteristics. Just looking at DC (which I'm most familiar with) pre-mod 6 we had 14 armor sets. High Prophet became BIS because survive-ability became trivial; however, there were certainly some other popular options mainly Miracle Healer and War Prophet in early game. And since they were set bonuses, you have to way the advantage of stats vs set bonus. In contrast now where every piece is viewed independently from the rest (which i assume was intentional to push more transmuting because of mix set appearance).

Divine Emissary - buffed defense/deflect to your party
High Prophet - 30% debuff to your target for everyone
Sacred Hand - buff to recovery and regen (when regen was OP)
Beacon of Faith - buff to crit and recovery for healing
Miracle Healer - passive heals
Grant Templar - buff crit and power to your party
War Prophet - buff to divinity gain (this was bad ass)
Prophet Champion - buff to healing and ap gain
Fabled - passive heal
Dread Legion - passive heal
Purified Black Ice - damage mitigation on self
Corrupted Black Ice - buff to power and movement
Draconic - buff to healing
Draconic templar - debuff on target

And if you look at weapons there was no set bonuses until module 3, but the mechanic was cool, certain pieces fell in certain encouraging you to farm gear from dungeon in a D&D game which obviously predates HE&D :p

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 01:33

btw almost all of those can be convert into a stat for comparison, ex. a buff to healing could be converted by the same power to replicate the same effect. The major exceptions would be passive heals and divinity gain (there is no stat/method to increase divinity in the game with the exception of one feat which almost noone selects because it requires 15 points to get it).