NWO:UN Character Manager (Ratings Calculator)

Help improve our very own Neverwinter Online tools.
j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: NWO:UN Character Manager (Ratings Calculator)

Post by j0Shi » Sat Jun 24, 2017 14:01

Thanks mate!

I just fixed the Movement bug, but item levels is a bit more complicated. You could help by comparing the item levels in the tool with what you see ingame on a step-by-step basis.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 16:43

Changes v1.1.1:
  • Adjusted possible ability rolls for the Devoted Cleric (thanks to Sylax for the hint)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented filtering augment companions properly
  • Fixed a bug that caused item levels on companions to be incorrectly doubled in some cases
  • Fixed a bug that caused the movement stat to be incorrectly doubled in some cases
  • Added off-class ability point from Half-Elf (thanks to Sylax for the hint)
  • The boons can now be toggled. This setting is saved for each loadout individually.
  • Fixed some typos within the Cloaked Ascendancy boons.
  • All traits should now be applied correctly.
  • A new slot has been added for Mount Combat Powers. The items for this slot will be added later.
  • Stat percentages found their way into the tool. It should calculate the percentages based on the stats, boons and all race and class specific bonuses. Some gear that adds percentages instead of absolute ratings might not yet work with this feature. We'll update the items later.
  • Percentages are shown by hovering over a specific stat or by toggling them using the new checkbox.
  • The percentage for Power shows a very basic DPS function that incorporates Critical Strikes, Armor Penetration and damage bonuses from Power, Ability Scores, Boons and Companions. It's based on 60% RI in Mod 11 and 85% RI in Mod 12. The DPS formula does not work very well for PVP purposes.
  • The percentage for Tenacity shows the base DR%.
  • Boons with stacks can now have their stacks adjusted to 0. This helps with conditional boons where you might want to switch the effect on and off to temporarily see its effect.
  • The Character Simulator now supports the new legendary companion bonus changes for Mod 12 toons.
  • Registered users can now create very basic custom items for the Character Simulator (Character Manager -> Custom Items). Those only work for yourself and will not show up for anyone else, even if the character is public.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

dairyZeus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by dairyZeus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 19:00

Bug reports:

The ice wind dale crit severity boon is adding 3% instead of it's listed 2%.

The tyranny of dragons final boons - you only get 5% crit severity if you select crit severity on the first tier. If my first crit severity choice is the 2nd or third tied only 1.5% is added. Life steal appears to be working correctly though.

The campfire buff and potions section bugs out a bit when switching tabs. Sometimes if I deselect an icon, +1 is added to all my stats.

The two final elemental evil boons that are triggered when taking damage should probably have a 0 stack option. They're currently always on if selected.

It looks like base combat advantage damage is 4%, I believe the base for all classes is 15%.

drow ambush tactics - its currently adding 10% combat advantage damage. Instead it should take 10% of your total bonus and add that.

for example if we have a total of 25% CA damage modifier, the boon will increase it by 10%, which is 2.5% to 27.5%

Thanks for all your hard work!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 21:10

Thanks! I'm compiling all reports and will hopefully be able to push out fixes over the weekend. Much appreciated!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 08:56

dairyZeus wrote:Bug reports:

The ice wind dale crit severity boon is adding 3% instead of it's listed 2%.

The tyranny of dragons final boons - you only get 5% crit severity if you select crit severity on the first tier. If my first crit severity choice is the 2nd or third tied only 1.5% is added. Life steal appears to be working correctly though.

The campfire buff and potions section bugs out a bit when switching tabs. Sometimes if I deselect an icon, +1 is added to all my stats.

The two final elemental evil boons that are triggered when taking damage should probably have a 0 stack option. They're currently always on if selected.

It looks like base combat advantage damage is 4%, I believe the base for all classes is 15%.

drow ambush tactics - its currently adding 10% combat advantage damage. Instead it should take 10% of your total bonus and add that.

for example if we have a total of 25% CA damage modifier, the boon will increase it by 10%, which is 2.5% to 27.5%

Thanks for all your hard work!
I've fixed all that stuff internally. Barring anything catastrophic this should be updated over the course of the day.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33

Bugfixes and Suggestions:
  • The buffs do no longer bug out when switching loadouts. (thx to dairyZeus)
  • Fixed a few minor bugs related to stats added from boons. (thx to dairyZeus & darthtzarr)
  • Combat Advantage's base is now 15%. (thx to dairyZeus)
  • Drow Ambush Tactics is now correctly multiplicative. (thx to dairyZeus)
  • When showing PVP ratings, the tool for the DPS calculation now pretends that you pierce all the opposing DR. We'll have a better approach to DPS calculation in the future.
  • When showing PVP ratings, Armor Penetration is now 50% less effective. (thx to darthtzarr)
  • The DC's feat Piercing Light is now included in the options. (thx to darthtzarr)
Known Issues:
  • AP Gain is multiplicative from different sources, but is additive in the calculator.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Aug 01, 2017 22:12

Bugfix and minor changes:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented characters that were created through the settings to be loaded into the simulator.
  • The auto-fill lists now show more telling and appropriate set names.
Also a little heads up on the Module 12 gear. I'm currently in the process of inserting the gear, but tooltips for the Pilgrim, Pioneer, League and Primals sets might not show the correct stats for all classes. The gear is working correctly though, it's just the tooltips that are wrong. Whenever I'll be finished with the gear pass, I'll let a script run over the tooltips to fix it.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:05

All Mod12 gear should now be in the database. Have fun building your characters!

Please make sure to check over the stats. I've used a semi-automated process for the first time and I fully expect mistakes :D

dairyZeus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by dairyZeus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 17:40

It looks like intelligence isn't factoring into the recovery percent for all classes (well at least GF and CW)
Wisdom for CW is also not showing in the recovery percent.

akoryx
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by akoryx » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:44

Pioneer gear is in the db, but doesn't show up in the character sim (made sure I had tomb of annihilation selected and 'blue gear' checked).

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 08:17

Thanks guys. Stuff is on my list and will look at it for the Mod 12b update of the Toolbase.

Slyef
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by Slyef » Fri Oct 06, 2017 20:46

Bug : Primal Ward Ibhuzus (GF boots) and Primal raid Umdwerbo (GF arms) stat distribution are not the same as live.

It should be Power/Deflect and Penetration/Power respectively.

Great tool, and I'm eagerly waiting for the 12B version.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 20:57

Thanks, it's on the list.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:50

akoryx wrote:Pioneer gear is in the db, but doesn't show up in the character sim (made sure I had tomb of annihilation selected and 'blue gear' checked).
Pioneer gear should now show.

Also a general update on progress towards a 12b version of the tool. Unfortunately the way the tool was build, the 12b update warranted a more substantial rework of how stats work and are applied. The reason is that the tool so far worked with exceptions for pretty much any situation in which a stat wasn't simply added. With the new PVP gear, and because I want to correctly implement "base" and "proc" stats, there were just too many "if/then" cases and no clear approach on how to deal with different scenarios. I'm currently streamlining this part of the tool, but it obviously takes more time than just adding the new gear, change bondings and add the PVP gear. I still think the simulator will be available in its 12b version really soon (tm).

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 14:08

I made decent progress the last two days and am on the verge of finalizing up the changes for the simulator and 12B. I can't code over the weekend, but I'm hopeful that I can wrap up everything during release week.

Cheers!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 13:34

Changes v1.1.2:
  • There is an independent Character Simulator for 12B builds since the tool got substantially changed. You should still be able to load your old saves into the new tool.
  • All fixes listed are only attached to the new 12B tool. The Mod 12 one will remain unchanged and deleted as soon as consoles get "Swords of Chult".
  • The Character Simulator now shows a warning if a user is not logged in. I was experimenting with an auto-save function to avoid situations where users start building up a char and then can't save it because they aren't logged in. But in the end that feature would have been a bit overblown and it probably have been more confusing than helping. There's really only one situation where a user starts building a character and then annoyingly can't save it, and that's when they actually think they are logged in, but are actually not. An alert message is just fine for that.
  • Fixed a bug where that caused the Dilettante racial from Half-Elfs to be applied to all races.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some ability rolls to be applied to incorrect attributes.
  • The DC can no longer pick the 16/13/15/11/11/9 ability roll distribution.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Pioneer gear to not show for all classes in the tool.
  • Ability scores that grant a recharge speed increase are now correctly represented in the percentages.
Known Issues v1.1.2:
  • Not all Enchantment and Runestones are updated yet.
  • The majority of PVP gear is still in its Mod 12 state.
  • PVP gear does not switch stats between PVE and PVP and just shows the enhanced PVP item level instead.
  • The portion of Prestidigitation that empowers companion stats incorrectly includes the CHA and Companion Influence bonus. The effect is so insignificant that this will be fixed at a later point, if at all.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 17:03

Changes v1.1.2.1:
  • Fixed a bug that caused some stacks to not properly work on boons.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the gear dropdowns to not filter the results properly in some cases.
  • To prevent confusion, the old Ratings Simulator for Mod 12 now shows a message that it's not the latest version. Also Rank 13 and 14 gems no longer show up.
  • Master and Expert abilities from bonding companions are now properly calculated.
  • The simulator now features new slots for potions, food and elixirs. This is a work in progress, the buffs have to be tagged manually to appear.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 21:11

Changes v1.1.2.2:
  • The Character Simulator now auto-fills Insignias when a specific bonus is picked in the gear popup. Please note that the selection is random. It just serves as help so you don't have to look up the correct insignia types for a certain bonus on an external source.
  • Removed some duplicate mounts form the Character Simulator. Please note that in rare cases mounts may now have been removed from your builds. Please check your stable.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented slotting certain mounts due to the "unique" rule when that particular mount wasn't actually already equipped.
  • All Chult Rings no longer apply their stat procs to companions.
  • There is no longer an option to toggle stats on companion gear if the corresponding stat proc doesn't apply to companions.
  • The save, copy and delete icons in the settings now have tooltips to clarify their functions.
  • The save button only appears if the user actually changed values in a given row.
  • The settings page now warns users upon leaving a page in case of uncommitted changes.
  • Shepherds Devotion now applies its bonus. It currently procs of buffed power. Imho that's how it works ingame.
  • Module 12B PVP armor now correctly shows its PVE/PVP stats according to the type of the ratings. The armor pieces have to be correctly tagged for this to work. So there's still some db changes to be made that could take a few days.
  • Mod 10 gear should now have a checkbox that allows gear to scale to its empowered item levels. The armor pieces have to be correctly tagged for this to work. So there's still some db changes to be made that could take a few days.
  • Most links to the Character Simulator now refer to its 12b version.
  • Links to the Character Simulator on the Public Character List and Settings page now point to the version (12/12b) with which the character has been edited last. Characters have to be saved once to get tagged correctly.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 22:51

j0Shi wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 21:11
  • Module 12B PVP armor now correctly shows its PVE/PVP stats according to the type of the ratings. The armor pieces have to be correctly tagged for this to work. So there's still some db changes to be made that could take a few days.
  • Mod 10 gear should now have a checkbox that allows gear to scale to its empowered item levels. The armor pieces have to be correctly tagged for this to work. So there's still some db changes to be made that could take a few days.
A quick update on this. While Mod 10 gear now can be "'empowered", PVP has to wait a little longer. I planned to do it last weekend, but ran into a small but nasty bug. When parsed, the PVP armor isn't correctly flagged as "PVP", which would mean that I'd have to tag every single item manually. Would pretty much be twice the work when a few code lines can do the same. I'll be able to patch the Toolbase this weekend and then the PVP armor will be available and correctly switch item levels.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 20:48

There was another minor setback, but now it's finally working as it should. CW, GF, GWF, HR and OP are already in the DB and working as intended. The other classes will be completed tonight and tomorrow. I'm working on it as I write this.

Cheers!