New Blog Layout

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
j0Shi
Site Admin

New Blog Layout

Postby j0Shi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 21:48

Hey pals!

I switched to a new blog layout today. It's a magazine style, because it better fits what the blog essentially is. I'd appreciate feedback, especially on your mobile devices.

Cheers!
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: New Blog Layout

Postby PutzBoy78 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 22:43

I dont have a mobile device, but i like the new layout

effy
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Postby effy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 22:54

to joshi , u have any idea why my pw wasnt working? i had to change my pw so that i can log into acc, weird.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Postby j0Shi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 23:21

effy wrote:
to joshi , u have any idea why my pw wasnt working? i had to change my pw so that i can log into acc, weird.

Logs only show the one password change you made today. No other activity.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

effy

Postby effy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 23:25

j0Shi wrote:
effy wrote:

weird, my pw didnt work.. but after i changed it , now it works.. i guess it was solved.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Postby j0Shi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 23:34

effy wrote:
j0Shi wrote:
effy wrote:

weird, my pw didnt work.. but after i changed it , now it works.. i guess it was solved.

In case you wanna make sure nobody accessed your account, send me a PM and I'll forward all IPs attached to your account.

TheHappyLion

Postby TheHappyLion » Tue Jan 10, 2017 05:35

Very nice layout.

effy

Postby effy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 06:11

I've tested the lay out on my phone, im using chrome and i've noticed that there ia no direct link to the forum or devtracker.

rapo973

Postby rapo973 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 07:19

It works on my mobile (android-chrome).
Good job. I would make the link to the forum more visible.
Last edited by rapo973 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

Grem
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Postby Grem » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30

Personally for my - it's confusing and i dont like scrolling elements ... overall it's look nice, but not so comfortable to view.

-Useful section "Recent" news/blogs is at the bottom of the page. It would be great if there was a separate page with a simple design for Recent section.

-It's hard to reach bottom of main menu, because you scroll down the page, not menu itself. Chrome/UC Browser.

-News blocks at the beginning of the page has different sizes, so other page content move up and down.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Grem on Tue Jan 10, 2017 16:50, edited 6 times in total.

Kolat
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Postby Kolat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 14:39

I like the magazine layout, though I second Rapo's comment that the Forum link could/should be more prominent.

Nippers Meowington
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Postby Nippers Meowington » Tue Jan 10, 2017 16:58

[sarcasm]Yet another change the players didn't ask for. Why won't NWO:Unhamstered increase datamining payout/decrease cost of AH data access? Why not restore the Gateway tools removed last fall? Could you maybe, I don't know, merge with the subreddit or PWE forums so we can post with the rest of the NWO community?[/sarcasm]

Kidding aside, I like the new layout. It's a relevant update and makes everything feel (and operate) more streamlined. Headlining the tools is a huuuuuuuuuge plus. Also a bug-free release! :D :D :D :D

instynctive
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Postby instynctive » Tue Jan 10, 2017 17:46

Kolat wrote:
I like the magazine layout, though I second Rapo's comment that the Forum link could/should be more prominent.

Here's how it looks on my S5. A lot of ads (I have an ad-blocker on my PC, so I don't know if these are normal, or if my phone is infected with something).
Screenshot_2017-01-10-12-41-06.png
Screenshot_2017-01-10-12-41-06.png (395.34 KiB) Viewed 449 times

I think, too, that in addition that a Forum link be more prominent on the blog side, that a blog link should be more prominent on the forum side. Personally, I never go to a forum's start page... my bookmarks always point to whatever "New Posts" URL the forum uses.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Postby j0Shi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 00:24

instynctive wrote:

Here's how it looks on my S5. A lot of ads (I have an ad-blocker on my PC, so I don't know if these are normal, or if my phone is infected with something).

Shit, that was ugly. I removed some clutter and moved the ad so the page actually starts with the logo and the menu. You know the story with ads... You don't get rich, but at least the site pays for itself. Might remove the overlay ad (google is currently pushing those...). If you have one at the top of the page and an overlay it's overkill.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Postby j0Shi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 00:32

effy wrote:
I've tested the lay out on my phone, im using chrome and i've noticed that there ia no direct link to the forum or devtracker.

Thanks, both are now in the main menu (DevTracker under Tools).

j0Shi
Site Admin

Postby j0Shi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 02:02

Grem wrote:
Personally for my - it's confusing and i dont like scrolling elements ... overall it's look nice, but not so comfortable to view.

-Useful section "Recent" news/blogs is at the bottom of the page. It would be great if there was a separate page with a simple design for Recent section.

-It's hard to reach bottom of main menu, because you scroll down the page, not menu itself. Chrome/UC Browser.

-News blocks at the beginning of the page has different sizes, so other page content move up and down.
► Show Spoiler

Thanks for the feedback.

The moving content was already on my list and it should be fixed now. Same for the mobile menus. The most recent posts are actually at the top of the page (not much scrolling for you :) ) and I've given them a header to make it more clear. Looking into an own page for them as well.

effy

Postby effy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 06:50

Yep looks decent to me

Grem

Postby Grem » Thu Jan 12, 2017 08:17

j0Shi wrote:
The moving content was already on my list and it should be fixed now. Same for the mobile menus. The most recent posts are actually at the top of the page (not much scrolling for you :) ) and I've given them a header to make it more clear. Looking into an own page for them as well.
Was edit reply few times and remove part of it...
The problem was that the latest news was in scrolling magazine titles and older posts under that section, that why is hard to figure-out if there was new blogs posts or not. Recent at bottom more obvious. Now its fine, although post section at the bottom still bis for me. Anyway I am usually using twitter/rss.
► Show Spoiler

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Postby Bert » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:40

It looks great!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Postby j0Shi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 16:31

Does anybody have an iPhone and can test the page? Specifically interested in older iOS versions.