Scammers

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Maelorewen
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 15:41

Re: Scammers

Post by Maelorewen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 15:54

To the last post. Now i apreciate more your friendship Bert. Im the WhayahirA DC, other one uses my name, have me into ignore list too but u can see one diference. 1 its GWF and 2 the las "A" its "Whayahira" not WhayahirA but it confused friends from my Flist who removed me directly from friendlist.

i was listening "Guantanamera" Song when i created it, "Guahira, Guantanamera etc etc" and i modified to WhayahirA. Guahira comes from the word Guajiro, guajiro its a wrong translation, the cuban people writes it for " War Hero " and Guahira its a "female War Hero". that guy being Male GWF have a female name because dont know how i created it. the world its full of ignorant.

Janne
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 05:28

Re: Scammers

Post by Janne » Thu Nov 02, 2017 16:17

Maelorewen wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 15:54
To the last post. Now i apreciate more your friendship Bert. Im the WhayahirA DC, other one uses my name, have me into ignore list too but u can see one diference. 1 its GWF and 2 the las "A" its "Whayahira" not WhayahirA but it confused friends from my Flist who removed me directly from friendlist.

i was listening "Guantanamera" Song when i created it, "Guahira, Guantanamera etc etc" and i modified to WhayahirA. Guahira comes from the word Guajiro, guajiro its a wrong translation, the cuban people writes it for " War Hero " and Guahira its a "female War Hero". that guy being Male GWF have a female name because dont know how i created it. the world its full of ignorant.
Hmm "Maelorewen" sounds familiar, weren't you an admin in zerg legion / academy ? (Haven't used it for ages)

Maelorewen
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 15:41

Re: Scammers

Post by Maelorewen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 19:54

Yes Im it Janne. i was Admin from that channels, and 19K_Zerg too, WhayahirA was one of my low level alter, actually my Main DC with the HR ( but it is turning everyday in a alter because... well the needfull of DCs )

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 03:01

Re: Scammers

Post by Bert » Thu Nov 02, 2017 23:13

Oh because before you didn't appreciate much my friendship ? :p I joke, I have no idea what was that all about but glad it got solved and to see you back in 3k.

User avatar
Shadowblade
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:59

Re: Scammers

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Nov 03, 2017 03:55

Bert wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 22:13
it's more important to me to have a list of confirmed scammers than recognise what looks like a scam following whatever methods.
New warnings were being spammed in Zone yesterday about a pair of scammers. Some sort of Double Trade scam I did not quite understand and would never have fallen for anyway, but one wanting to trade a Perf. Lightning for a cheaper Perf. Terror but to get the Perf. Terror you had to trade your Perf. Dread with the first guy's "friend", and then they disappear and don't trade the Perf. Lightning.

No idea who would fall for that, but that's what the guy said when I PMd him and asked how they scammed him. He said he didn't get scammed as he's too wise to fall for Double Trade Bait and Switch, so he just warned Zone that these guys were obvious scammers.

But then, surely anyone with half a brain would be too wise for that?

:?
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 03:01

Re: Scammers

Post by Bert » Fri Nov 03, 2017 09:27

I had a discussion about that scam yesterday in a discord and the guy that explained was not clear enough, I didn't quite grasp how the trick works but now you made it clear for me.

Thrashy - mercredi dernier à 12:29
Kat Woodsheart@vkq and Kallista Balorfist@terramaki ARE SCAMMERS DONT TRADE WITH THEM


Thrashy - Hier à 09:09
@Bert yes they are trading enchants or at least linking them in the auction house that one of them dont have then i want to trade my p dread for p lightning but the guy says that he will trade the p lightning for some cheaper enchant (p terror) that i should get from someone else (that is his friend with enchant that is like 1 mil cheaper ). I see this from a far and i invited them to trade with each other and then they both blocked me and went offline

I asked to be clearer....

Thrashy - Hier à 11:34
I want to trade my perfect dread for his perfect lightning , he says that he will only trade the perfect lightning for pure vorpal ( 200 k cheaper) , his friend is selling pure vorpal , he calls me out and if i trade for the pure vorpal i wont then get the perfect lightning , they dissappear
@Bert its not best trick to scam ppl but for some1 that doesnt see this he is getting scammed

That's likely him that was spamming in Zone chat. So there you have the names of the scammers.

User avatar
Shadowblade
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:59

Re: Scammers

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:39

Kat Woodsheart@vkq and Kallista Balorfist@terramaki ARE SCAMMERS DONT TRADE WITH THEM
Yes, that's them. I took a screen shot and copy/pasted somewhere, but I remember the unusually short @vkq and Kallista Balorfist.

When I inspected them, one was level 70 and the other level 5.

People caught doing that sort of thing should not be banned. Their accounts should be deleted.

After distributing all their unbound goods back to the victims and sharing out all their AD and Zen as well.

:x
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

User avatar
dupeks
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 17:07

Re: Scammers

Post by dupeks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:41

Thanks for calling out the multi-part trade scam, I added it to the silly scam list thing on the official forums.

I agree that PWE should do more to shut down scammers. It's not as if they can't look at chat logs etc if they need to. I get that it's some effort, but preventing bad actors from operating openly is important for an MMO.

I've definitely reported people for trying to pull one on me, only to see them trying to do the same on my guildie a week later. And when victims report the issue, support tells them there is nothing they can do because of course.

User avatar
Shadowblade
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:59

Re: Scammers

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Nov 03, 2017 17:07

Yes, I've heard from scam victims that Support just say something like:
"You agreed the trade after having chance to check the goods were there for trade. Therefore, there is no technical issue and everything is WAI, so please be more careful in future".

So the best that can be done, with the anti-naming and shaming rules on the official forum, is to post a list of dubious transactions and advise:
"If it looks like this, then it's a scam!"

And, after all, naming and shaming without actual evidence (such as screen shots of chat and trade screens), could be misused to besmirch and malign an innocent, like the guy here who was apparently kicked from a channel due to mistaken identity.

Although, it's almost worth renaming a CW Zebutard and scamming someone if he would get kicked from Neverwinter_Illegit!

:lol:
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

PutzBoy78
Posts: 1323
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 16:41

Re: Scammers

Post by PutzBoy78 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 17:14

dupeks wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:41
Thanks for calling out the multi-part trade scam, I added it to the silly scam list thing on the official forums.

I agree that PWE should do more to shut down scammers. It's not as if they can't look at chat logs etc if they need to. I get that it's some effort, but preventing bad actors from operating openly is important for an MMO.

I've definitely reported people for trying to pull one on me, only to see them trying to do the same on my guildie a week later. And when victims report the issue, support tells them there is nothing they can do because of course.
I heard one yesterday in the dc channel where people were trying to trade Tin Ingots for mastercraft for 1M AD because that was the listing price on AH... the item is available through the stronghold stores for 250 Guild Marks.

User avatar
dupeks
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 17:07

Re: Scammers

Post by dupeks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 17:40

PutzBoy78 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 17:14
dupeks wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:41
Thanks for calling out the multi-part trade scam, I added it to the silly scam list thing on the official forums.

I agree that PWE should do more to shut down scammers. It's not as if they can't look at chat logs etc if they need to. I get that it's some effort, but preventing bad actors from operating openly is important for an MMO.

I've definitely reported people for trying to pull one on me, only to see them trying to do the same on my guildie a week later. And when victims report the issue, support tells them there is nothing they can do because of course.
I heard one yesterday in the dc channel where people were trying to trade Tin Ingots for mastercraft for 1M AD because that was the listing price on AH... the item is available through the stronghold stores for 250 Guild Marks.
Thanks, added that too... and i hit the character limit on the scam post. Lol vanilla

User avatar
lowjohn
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 15:08

Re: Scammers

Post by lowjohn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 14:42

Buying up all of a cheap-but-unusual resource, relisting them all for millions of AD, then attempting to trade them for items as if they were worth the price you're listing them for, is a scam from two directions. there's a couple of dudes from Midnight Express who are always trying that, along with the double-trade scam and the classic "WTT Transcendent Dread Enchant for Malabog's Blade Fragment" after listing their blade fragments on the AH for 5M AD each.

User avatar
lowjohn
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 15:08

Re: Scammers

Post by lowjohn » Thu Apr 12, 2018 18:17

Another scammer for you: Dragon@dragon#5736 was pretending to be a new account of a guild leader and looking for invites and promotions. So, a bank robber.

User avatar
Burlyfish
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 00:07

Re: Scammers

Post by Burlyfish » Fri Apr 13, 2018 00:22

What i don't like is them sneaky bastards the will list an item that might have close to the same name or icon for the price of that one in hopes they click on it by mistake.

Like when ultimate enchanting stones first came out some assholes would post a ultimate mark of potency at the lowest cost of the enchanting stone. So if someone was not paying close attention , had issues reading the game or just had the 2 items mixed up they would buy the mark of potency by mistake paying up to 500,000 AD more than it was worth.

I myself have made it a point that if i see posts done like that i well send the person mail or a PM asking that they remove the item. If they do not i will contact there guild leaders to let them know the type of players they allow in there guild. Over all i have had very good results and after talking with 9 guilds and there leaders only one guild seemed to think that it is ok. Even after i explained you could have a 10 year old child on the other end and got excited clicked before he realized what some asshat had posted click bait. But Mangroth from Forsaken Rebels has given a thumbs up to his to guild feel free and screw or other player in game.

User avatar
lowjohn
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 15:08

Re: Scammers

Post by lowjohn » Fri Apr 13, 2018 02:38

Dragon@etc is currently a member of Tornado Of Souls. I dropped a line to his current guild leadership about the fact that he was trying to scam people, and might be trying to scam them.

User avatar
Shadowblade
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:59

Re: Scammers

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Apr 13, 2018 03:31

But Turdnado of Stools is one of "those" guilds, though, isn't it?
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Surebrec
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 05:36

Re: Scammers

Post by Surebrec » Wed Apr 25, 2018 13:31

Burlyfish wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 00:22
What i don't like is them sneaky bastards the will list an item that might have close to the same name or icon for the price of that one in hopes they click on it by mistake.

Like when ultimate enchanting stones first came out some assholes would post a ultimate mark of potency at the lowest cost of the enchanting stone. So if someone was not paying close attention , had issues reading the game or just had the 2 items mixed up they would buy the mark of potency by mistake paying up to 500,000 AD more than it was worth.

I myself have made it a point that if i see posts done like that i well send the person mail or a PM asking that they remove the item. If they do not i will contact there guild leaders to let them know the type of players they allow in there guild. Over all i have had very good results and after talking with 9 guilds and there leaders only one guild seemed to think that it is ok. Even after i explained you could have a 10 year old child on the other end and got excited clicked before he realized what some asshat had posted click bait. But Mangroth from Forsaken Rebels has given a thumbs up to his to guild feel free and screw or other player in game.
just so you know, this moron who I quoted is a shit stirring waster who takes pleasure in trying to cause issues for other players who he wrongfully assumes are scammers.

it all goes back to a thread he started on cryptic's forums some time ago trying to pass himself off as some self appointed champion against those he personally sees as scamming even though they aren't, and was more or less shot down over his accusations. the thread is still there if you so choose to go and read through it, though his posting privileges have been removed.

the player he is referring to in forsaken rebels is me.

he messaged me after a run of elol, claiming that I was his hater, when in truth, I actually pitied him for being so petty & childish.

again, he accused me of being a scammer, and the whole bullshit claim about ultimate marks of potency being mistaken for ultimate enchanting stones is ridiculous as it is funny. the only thing they have in common is the word "ultimate" and both are legendary.

that's it, he's basing his own argument off that. the icons themselves are completely different, and are even different colours.

he challenged me to post 2 ultimate marks of potency and a price of his demanding, so I humoured him and I did.

no context was made with his demand other than that. I had no idea at the time of his demands that he was going to claim I was scamming by trying to fool people into getting them to buy UMoP's in mistake of ultimate enchanting stones.

and guess what? in the 5 days they were up, no one bought them.to make sure, I relisted them the day they expired, and again, in the following 5 days, as previous, no one was foolish enough to pay the price he demanded I list them for.

once I had listed them, he made it clear that he'd get me to remove them, or I'd be kicked from forsaken rebels because of his mistaken and misguided self appointed vigilantism.

nothing came from his boasts, I wasn't kicked from rebels, and as a result, he came here shitposting about a player who has never scammed anyone in this game or any other, not to mention the guild he is in which is a guild of high respect and reputation, led by a player (mangroth) which good standing inside and out of the rebels guild & alliance.

since myself and the guild I am in have had our reputations brought into unfounded disrepute, I am going to take the step to pass more info about this onto this forum's admin and request that shitposts like this, from this idiot be removed in future.

thanks.

User avatar
Shadowblade
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:59

Re: Scammers

Post by Shadowblade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 15:36

I've had some more "Hey! Invite me to Guild!" requests from someone right outside the guild bank in PE when I have been in WoD or IWD...
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

User avatar
Burlyfish
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 00:07

Re: Scammers

Post by Burlyfish » Wed Apr 25, 2018 19:13

Surebrec wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 13:31
Burlyfish wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 00:22
What i don't like is them sneaky bastards the will list an item that might have close to the same name or icon for the price of that one in hopes they click on it by mistake.

Like when ultimate enchanting stones first came out some assholes would post a ultimate mark of potency at the lowest cost of the enchanting stone. So if someone was not paying close attention , had issues reading the game or just had the 2 items mixed up they would buy the mark of potency by mistake paying up to 500,000 AD more than it was worth.

I myself have made it a point that if i see posts done like that i well send the person mail or a PM asking that they remove the item. If they do not i will contact there guild leaders to let them know the type of players they allow in there guild. Over all i have had very good results and after talking with 9 guilds and there leaders only one guild seemed to think that it is ok. Even after i explained you could have a 10 year old child on the other end and got excited clicked before he realized what some asshat had posted click bait. But Mangroth from Forsaken Rebels has given a thumbs up to his to guild feel free and screw or other player in game.
the player he is referring to in forsaken rebels is me.


since myself and the guild I am in have had our reputations brought into unfounded disrepute, I am going to take the step to pass more info about this onto this forum's admin and request that shitposts like this, from this idiot be removed in future.

thanks.
Him i don't even recall mentioning you in the above thread at all but then again the way you talk and all this name calling i can only assume you think you are one of the many ASSHOLES i am referring about. But yes you are fine with them scammers and so is your guild leader you just don't like to be called out on it. Just stay in that guild with leadership that has no issues if a member wants to post click bait and you will be fine. But you do seem to come off as a mister know it all when in truth you know so very little. In fact it was your attitude at hand that caused the entire situation that you are now in. Just so sad that you don't think other guilds and there members do not hold or expect a good code of conduct from there members just because your guild leaders seem to have failed at that.

Either way i have had many remove there posts by a simple PM asking why they posted and sure some have posted them as a mistake. Even had one person tell me he had mixed feeling about posting them and did it because he fell for the same trick. We talked some and stayed very civil in our conversation and he did remove the marks. But when the Ultimate marks first came out there was plenty that would try to list a UMoP for the cost of a UES in hopes someone would buy it as a mistake. What made me realize this was taking place was 1 person had 3 whole pages of UMoPs listed at lowest cost of a UES. It really made it confusing for players and sure he got away tricking a few into buying them. When i seen them i sent the person a PM he was very rude but i did see the guild he is in so i talked with there guild leader he also understood 100% how shady that is. Within the next hour they managed to talk him into removing all the UES he had listed. I seen other doing the same thing and knocked down another 6 people that had them posted like that in the next few days. Any guild that lets or has no code of conduct to members posting items at auction house in a way to deceive others with click bait like Forsaken Rebels leadership has done. This is a weak link to helping put a stop to crooks, scammers and other toxic people in this game and just creates a safe haven for them. Why any guild leaders would allow these type of behavior is beyond me but fear of lossing members come to mind. Like i said when speaking with Mangroth he has no problem letting his guild members post items in shady ways that could rip off others and i am not saying any there do But my words stand as correct !!!!!!!

Sorry if you are to new to this game or just 100% clueless and think arc forums even has people that know what they are talking about. Only players there that even post are new or favored by Kreaytive and have become her personal trolls that she lets attack other posts that she does not agree with. And as soon as you attack back she sends your comments to the under deepths flaged as flaming. 99% of the old player group has learned the forums there don't mean shit because of all this. Way over filtered and full of the mods ass kissers . Just took me a tad long to get sick of it all and yesterday i finally told the mods there they can eat mt ass. And as far as you go from what i can tell you have no devotion to a guild as you are in more than one. That i also find pretty funny the guilds that have no issue being full of guild jumpers. But guess with player base they have to let members do whatever they like in the game to keep members even if they let asshats, guild jumpers and crooks join.
Last edited by Burlyfish on Mon Apr 30, 2018 04:34, edited 6 times in total.

Surebrec
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 05:36

Re: Scammers

Post by Surebrec » Wed Apr 25, 2018 19:24

Burlyfish wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 19:13
Surebrec wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 13:31
Burlyfish wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 00:22
What i don't like is them sneaky bastards the will list an item that might have close to the same name or icon for the price of that one in hopes they click on it by mistake.

Like when ultimate enchanting stones first came out some assholes would post a ultimate mark of potency at the lowest cost of the enchanting stone. So if someone was not paying close attention , had issues reading the game or just had the 2 items mixed up they would buy the mark of potency by mistake paying up to 500,000 AD more than it was worth.

I myself have made it a point that if i see posts done like that i well send the person mail or a PM asking that they remove the item. If they do not i will contact there guild leaders to let them know the type of players they allow in there guild. Over all i have had very good results and after talking with 9 guilds and there leaders only one guild seemed to think that it is ok. Even after i explained you could have a 10 year old child on the other end and got excited clicked before he realized what some asshat had posted click bait. But Mangroth from Forsaken Rebels has given a thumbs up to his to guild feel free and screw or other player in game.
just so you know, this moron who I quoted is a shit stirring waster who takes pleasure in trying to cause issues for other players who he wrongfully assumes are scammers.

it all goes back to a thread he started on cryptic's forums some time ago trying to pass himself off as some self appointed champion against those he personally sees as scamming even though they aren't, and was more or less shot down over his accusations. the thread is still there if you so choose to go and read through it, though his posting privileges have been removed.

the player he is referring to in forsaken rebels is me.

he messaged me after a run of elol, claiming that I was his hater, when in truth, I actually pitied him for being so petty & childish.

again, he accused me of being a scammer, and the whole bullshit claim about ultimate marks of potency being mistaken for ultimate enchanting stones is ridiculous as it is funny. the only thing they have in common is the word "ultimate" and both are legendary.

that's it, he's basing his own argument off that. the icons themselves are completely different, and are even different colours.

he challenged me to post 2 ultimate marks of potency and a price of his demanding, so I humoured him and I did.

no context was made with his demand other than that. I had no idea at the time of his demands that he was going to claim I was scamming by trying to fool people into getting them to buy UMoP's in mistake of ultimate enchanting stones.

and guess what? in the 5 days they were up, no one bought them.to make sure, I relisted them the day they expired, and again, in the following 5 days, as previous, no one was foolish enough to pay the price he demanded I list them for.

once I had listed them, he made it clear that he'd get me to remove them, or I'd be kicked from forsaken rebels because of his mistaken and misguided self appointed vigilantism.

nothing came from his boasts, I wasn't kicked from rebels, and as a result, he came here shitposting about a player who has never scammed anyone in this game or any other, not to mention the guild he is in which is a guild of high respect and reputation, led by a player (mangroth) which good standing inside and out of the rebels guild & alliance.

since myself and the guild I am in have had our reputations brought into unfounded disrepute, I am going to take the step to pass more info about this onto this forum's admin and request that shitposts like this, from this idiot be removed in future.

thanks.
Yeah you are one of them scammers and don't like to be called out on it. just stay in you loser guild that has no issues with douche players and you will be fine.
heh

that insult was weaker than a glass of watered down albino piss.

is that the best you have?

come on, embarrass yourself good and proper, like you have done so many times before.

try to convince everyone here what a scammer is in your mind. see if you fare any better than you did on cryptic's forums.

edit//

as I've already pointed out before, you haven't done anything. quit trying to take credit for something you didn't do. your scheme of trying to get people kicked out of their guilds fails because of one key factor.

guild leader's aren't as immature or deluded as you. no guild leader would threaten to kick someone for posting an item with their desired price tag.

it's their item to list at whatever price they desire, that isn't scamming, numbnuts

Post Reply