So you're ready to quit the game?

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
whyrat
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

So you're ready to quit the game?

Post by whyrat »

So, after resolving to do something; planning the best course is in order.

Some things are obvious; unslot enchants and pass them off to others / guild bank. I found this almost a problem with the space requirements though. Anything you've refined up won't stack! Be sure to dump character and account bound RP into enchants so it doesn't go to waste!

Don't forget the enchants on your companion's gear!

Next up: T-bars. if you're like me you have a healthy stack built up form VIP. Convert into something unbound. R7s is an easy choice, and they stack. But if you have enough you can do a mount / companion.

Unopened boxes / leadership bags. Normally you'd save for a 2x weekend; but you'll be long gone by then! Open them up and send the contents to a good home.

Campaign currency: all can go into the guild coffer. That's easy!
Except.... SKT currency can actually convert into things to sell! Everfrost resist kits, dragon shell oil and the borax are unbound so you can trade them away. Don't forget if you have any lanolin lying around that it's still in demand! You couls spend the change on everfrost resist potions, but that may be too low a value item ::shrug::.

Professions! Oh no, this stuff can't go in the guild bank. you'll have to mail it. Dragon eggs; masterwork components; unified elements; all worth sending off to players in need. Don't forget to use any explorer's scrolls that you were saving for 2x professions. Go ahead and top out your guild marks.

With AD you can attempt to give to someone directly; but then there's always the risk that you'll look like a gold seller and get them flagged. another option would be converting to GMoPs or the like!

Lastly any remaining Zen. Here there's plenty of options, but I think the best is to sell for AD on the exchange... that way other players can use it without PWO getting new money. Seems like a good send-off to me :P

As for your account... I never recommend sharing account information (but that's just me), but there are uses for it if you're so inclined. You can try to sell it (and skip all the above) or see if the good folks here still need it to help with tracking.

Anything else you would do before a final sign-off?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: So you're ready to quit the game?

Post by j0Shi »

This would actually make a weird "guide" on the blog. But it's valid stuff so why the fuck not? :evil:
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Sharpedge
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Sharpedge »

Well, I was going to give my stuff to either 1 of the 2 people I would want to have it, but both of them declined.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Sharpedge wrote:Well, I was going to give my stuff to either 1 of the 2 people I would want to have it, but both of them declined.
Sneaky friendses, not taking your stuff and removing a possible excuse to not lure you back....
"no logs, only fix"

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

I am sure my stuff will be appreciated by those receiving it from our guild raffle next week.

Logray2015

Post by Logray2015 »

Well im down to just drago, my main, retired my other alt, wont be making more. Just doesnt seem to be worth it

whyrat

Post by whyrat »

Oh, don't forget to pass off event items. Right now many players would enjoy getting a stack of defense supplies.

If you have curios, trade them in for xvim belts and pass them out right at the noob zone-in to PE. I always kept them as curios to save bag space.

I forgot IWD can convert into Xvim piece too. So maybe don't dump that into the mimic just yet...

If you have tons of green / blue crafting assets it may be worth the 18 hours to upgrade. Since mailing 1 is easier than 4, and the higher quality is preferred anyway. Ugh, I hated seeing the profession RNG when opening the new life lockbox.

Lockboxes! They are worth handing out to someone. Hey, just list them dirt cheap on the AH and a hoarder will claim them.

Insignias are *occasionally* unbound! If you happened to pull them out of Lockboxes I think (? ). Not 100% sure, but I found a small minority of mine unbound even though I was using them. But after the summer Sahaa most people were already set with blues.

Gold you can directly trade, or throw to the SH mimic. I think you can mail it too? I just traded with the lucky Guild mates nearby. Make sure you get any gold/bars out of shared bank space. Oh, and don't give this away if you still have enchants to unslot.

You can also trade in campaign bounty items! Kessel sigil, vile of blood from sharandar, etc. Convert to campaign currency and once more to the mimic!

I'll be farming my last explorer cases tonight, we will see if I think of anything else!

Atodaso
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Atodaso »

I'm a relatively new player accepting all donations from rage-quitting players.

effy
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by effy »

I am donating my dick , not in a gay way..

MinMax Fortytwo

Post by MinMax Fortytwo »

Sharpedge wrote:Well, I was going to give my stuff to either 1 of the 2 people I would want to have it, but both of them declined.
Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me! Give it to me!

Daze
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Daze »

Sad time, if even you quit. Thanks to all you did for the community. You just have to find a way to give them without a possibility to decline, or make money with, to have a return of all this time invested.. :twisted:.

dio

Post by dio »

Well nice try but no. The only two people I'd give my stuff to quit playing a year and a half ago.

There's also the fact that every time I left I almost did it, but refrained myself, as I knew coming back to this game after a long break feels like going back to an old mistress that cheated on you many times. Sex is great at first and then you realise the bitch didn't change.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

Exactamundo.

puddles
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by puddles »

dio wrote: Sex is great at first and then you realise the bitch didn't change.

Sounds like my first ex wife.

WHIVSIV

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

Sounds like my first ex wife, too. Sans the sex. I'm not that crazy.

FRISH

Post by FRISH »

I couldn't bring myself to give away my stuff, so I have tens of millions of AD and some extra legendaries wasting away. It seemed like a waste to work for it only to lose it, plus I could have came back if I wanted to. I didn't. It would've been nice to sell the account if possible, but rules and finding someone...

Daze

Post by Daze »

Selling an account is not so easy, simpler to just convert all you can in AD, then sell them, and keep your account for a possibility of come back, like i did when i stop playing actively.

two31

Post by two31 »

One thing I suggest is writing yourself an in-game mail explaining in detail why you quit. That way if you decide to come back, your exact reasons for leaving are one of the first things you'll see.

dio

Post by dio »

Daze wrote:Selling an account is not so easy, simpler to just convert all you can in AD, then sell them, and keep your account for a possibility of come back, like i did when i stop playing actively.
IMO it's not worth the effort. You don't get much for your AD. It's also nice not to waste all of your AD on crap like I did before leaving in mod 6. Wasted 6M on two 110% mounts upgrade because I didn't care anymore and felt like doing it. Well when I came back I regretted this mistake. Let's stop lying to ourselves. It's never definitive. We all take breaks because we're upset and come back at some point, it's just a matter of time.

Daze

Post by Daze »

Well, i don't know about today prices, but when i took the decision to stop playing actively few months ago, i seized the opportunity to change my AD for few hundreds dollars.

Sure, not worth all the time and energy i spended in this game during the last 3 years, but better than nothing. I have kept my main account, with all my toons and bound items that can't be used for refining/selling/etc.

And few items ( leadership coffers and bags, few orkers, few keys ) just in case of a come back.

And i came back. But i will never play actively this game. I play for friends, for fun with them, i don't care anymore about gear, i'm a spectator more than a player.

The advice of Two31 is a good advice : if you keep your account, send yourself a mail with the reasons for leaving.