So you're ready to quit the game?

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Sharpedge
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: So you're ready to quit the game?

Post by Sharpedge »

I wonder how long until there are less people playing than becky's post count on the official forums :P That number is only getting larger...

Silverkelt
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by Silverkelt »

Im mostly apthatic about the mods on the forums , they really dont understand the game, zerg would be the closest one I guess.

The rest.. they dont play anything really, they spend hours and hours in game.. but they literally dont really play it.

They are more social butterflies then actual meta testers, they dont care about new content, and as such do not understand why we do like something , or dont like something.

So when we are so negative about certain things, they simply fail to see our point of view at all and as such, I do not see how they could accurately rely it to anything.

Even strum is the same.. he really doesnt play the game or understand it.

Which is why actual feedback from every core demographic should be weighed in, I dont think they do that well in this game.

Every mmo has uneven or substandard releases, expensioans or mods.

If they hired someone to play 4 hours a day (give that as a average gamer in the game) and start from day 1, with no other help, I wonder what the feedback from that person would really be.

Shava
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Shava »

Silverkelt wrote: ...
They are more social butterflies then actual meta testers, they dont care about new content, and as such do not understand why we do like something , or dont like something.
I know what you mean, there are many "players" not just the mods, who treat the game more like Second Life or IMVU, just a way to chat in 3D. They call the people who hang in the Moonstone MasK RPers but I have read more bullshit in zone chat in PE than anywhere else.
Silverkelt wrote:So when we are so negative about certain things, they simply fail to see our point of view at all and as such, I do not see how they could accurately rely it to anything.
That is basically why this forum can exist, all they want to hear and read on the official is the positive. "Don't talk about anything bad or we will shut down your topic! You can chat sunshine, unicorns, rainbows, and how wonderful the game is going to be once all the bad apples leave."

Back when my friends and I played regular on STO, the STO forums was not this bad. Maybe I just had a better experience there? I don't know, but it is not like I have quit or ever will quit playing these games completely. I still have old characters in Champions collecting mold on them by now. I just haven't reinstalled CO because I don't want ARC launcher or Steam on my PC. I imagine I could find the original setup for that game as I have for STO and NW.

The day they force that ARC launcher on me, is the day I quit for sure.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

PutzBoy78 wrote:puting all your hopes on 1 person is dangerous. The problem is at the corporate level. There is no consistency in their product.

What sets a part a good steak house (besides the quality of the meat) is that the steak is cooked consistently and accurately every time. If you order medium rare it comes out medium rare. You don't order a steak from Denny's because you never know how it will be cooked. Cryptic is the Denny's of MMOs and your banking on Foss being the cook on duty
Well yeah I'm not super excited or anything. Just thinking that if Foss can't change the attitude of his superiors than nobody can. He seems to be a different type of Lead Designer, more emotional, more D&D, more a player. I haven't had the same feeling with Shicoff or Overmeyer.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Shava wrote:I know what you mean, there are many "players" not just the mods, who treat the game more like Second Life or IMVU, just a way to chat in 3D. They call the people who hang in the Moonstone MasK RPers but I have read more bullshit in zone chat in PE than anywhere else.
Roleplayers chat in the Mask as their character.

People who chat in PE don't need to put on a character (though some of them do, like "white supremacist fuckwit" or whatever).
Sharpedge wrote:I wonder how long until there are less people playing than becky's post count on the official forums :P That number is only getting larger...
If a representation of this shows up on one of their infographics, I will be worried.
"no logs, only fix"

Shava
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Shava »

beckylunatic wrote: People who chat in PE don't need to put on a character (though some of them do, like "white supremacist fuckwit" or whatever).
I get the feeling there are a lot of people in PE play acting.
Sharpedge wrote:I wonder how long until there are less people playing than becky's post count on the official forums :P That number is only getting larger...
beckylunatic wrote:If a representation of this shows up on one of their infographics, I will be worried.
I was thinking about it not long ago, how the "official forums" seem to have fewer members commenting which I am sure reflects on people still active in the game. I know many of my friends who stopped playing still comment in there from time to time. But the number of average rants and concerns seem to be held by a select few.

Kolat
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Kolat »

Shava wrote: I was thinking about it not long ago, how the "official forums" seem to have fewer members commenting which I am sure reflects on people still active in the game. I know many of my friends who stopped playing still comment in there from time to time. But the number of average rants and concerns seem to be held by a select few.
The official Forums certainly seem significantly less active then this time last year. Hell, I go there less then I used to and basically just use it for Guild Recruitment posts and use the Dev Tracker from Uncensored to see what's going on...

two31

Post by two31 »

It's difficult to judge forum participation, but the Like/Disagree system is sputtering. Check out the alleged "Best Of" comments.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/never ... everything

Ejziponken
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Ejziponken »

I pretty much stopped playing before I unlocked the Fang dungeon. I did logon to test the 10.5 mod but I quit after about 30 seconds of fishing. NOPE, not doing that. Ever. Even if they paid me.

I have enough zen/AD to do a comeback later on, once they release ZEN option to skip this retarded content. I wont come back before that.

I played some Overwatch and BF1 and wow, after a few weeks in other games, you realize how boring NW actually is.

I did logon today to open some keys I had, I won 2x Heavy Mystic Nightmare (1.2m each) and the new legendary artifact (like 18m) or so (60 keys total). I guess the RNG god really wants me back in the game... Did not work tho.