Mod 10b Maps

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Mod 10b Maps

Post by PutzBoy78 »

Not sure how long it will take to surface but if anyone finds a reference guide for all the mod 10b map locations can you please post a reference to it here? I'm saving up bottles atm because I simply don't have time to search down the map locations and honestly its just not fun for me.

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Re: Mod 10b Maps

Post by TheHappyLion »

Fun? You will not have this fun. You will do tasks as instructed!

Logray2015

Post by Logray2015 »

While doing these task, you will smile and like it. Now get back to fishing you enjoy it, we have checked our data and it indicates you all LOVE it, more to come in future mods....

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Yeah, well, considering how much players have jumped on fishing (I guess because when I checked last night a bottle could sell for 60k AD?), Cryptic's metrics for this round are going to show that players do absolutely LOOOOOVE fishing.

But if they could make that much from FBI, they'd do that. If they could make that much from Kessel's Retreat, they'd do that.
"no logs, only fix"

two31

Post by two31 »

beckylunatic wrote:I guess because when I checked last night a bottle could sell for 60k AD?
From my play on preview, I thought the Bottles were BoP. I guess my memory is wrong. It's so weird that you can sell them.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

I think the idea was that anyone who fished up bottles but didn't want to waste time looking for treasure could sell them, and anyone who wanted to go treasure-hunting without fishing could buy bottles.

So far, all treasure chest rewards I've seen described in detail have been BoP/BoA loot. Makes me wonder if the game checks you for the treasure boat and fishing pole or would roll you duplicates, since that would suck.
"no logs, only fix"

Nippers Meowington
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Nippers Meowington »

PutzBoy78 wrote:Not sure how long it will take to surface but if anyone finds a reference guide for all the mod 10b map locations can you please post a reference to it here? I'm saving up bottles atm because I simply don't have time to search down the map locations and honestly its just not fun for me.
But it is fun. You are spending a lot of time searching the map, which is technically playing the game. Play time = fun.

Sharpedge

Post by Sharpedge »

beckylunatic wrote:Yeah, well, considering how much players have jumped on fishing (I guess because when I checked last night a bottle could sell for 60k AD?), Cryptic's metrics for this round are going to show that players do absolutely LOOOOOVE fishing.

But if they could make that much from FBI, they'd do that. If they could make that much from Kessel's Retreat, they'd do that.
I wonder what their player metrics say I am doing in mod 10.5...

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 »

Sharpedge wrote:
beckylunatic wrote:Yeah, well, considering how much players have jumped on fishing (I guess because when I checked last night a bottle could sell for 60k AD?), Cryptic's metrics for this round are going to show that players do absolutely LOOOOOVE fishing.

I wonder what their player metrics say I am doing in mod 10.5...

I'm guessing the analytics say...

rapo973

Post by rapo973 »

A treasure/fishing map exists and published by the viere elements guild (i don't remember the correct name, should be something similar). The map doesn't include the name of the fishing points yet.
Our guild has a map where we have given the name of the fishing points to collect the blu fishes that are needed to restore the new weapons: each class should go in a different set of fishing areas.
Currently the fishing points don't give enough blu fishes: I've found more purple fishes than blu fishes.

Concerning the treasure, every time you open It, you receive an amount of krill baits. Could be an infinite loop if you find enough treasure maps.
EDIT: map already published by two30

Urabask

Post by Urabask »

beckylunatic wrote:I think the idea was that anyone who fished up bottles but didn't want to waste time looking for treasure could sell them, and anyone who wanted to go treasure-hunting without fishing could buy bottles.

So far, all treasure chest rewards I've seen described in detail have been BoP/BoA loot. Makes me wonder if the game checks you for the treasure boat and fishing pole or would roll you duplicates, since that would suck.
There's unbound RP in the form of sapphires to brilliant diamonds. I'll have a stack of opals by the end of the week at this rate.

Basically the only time it isn't worth it is when you get a pile of fish and even then if you get one or two of the ones that you can gut you can break even compared to selling the bottle.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

I'm currently selling the Maps, because I think people are overpaying for a chance at purple Khyeks and Poles. Maybe a classic case of RNG, but I only rarely get loot that matches the 35,000 AD for one Map. Fish that turns into Reagents is hard to come by and the mats from Treasures are already crashing hard.

If you're only gunning for the Treasures best spot is the Runestead instance btw. The fishing hole never disappears and drops Maps :)
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Classy
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Classy »

Urabask wrote:
beckylunatic wrote:There's unbound RP in the form of sapphires to brilliant diamonds. I'll have a stack of opals by the end of the week at this rate.
Well that sounds like it's going to get nerfed. :|

Jumpin
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Jumpin »

http://imgur.com/KW0M1yY

Map created by @iamgeneralwei from german guild "Vier Elemente" kudos to them. Afaik it displays all available maps.

Urabask

Post by Urabask »

Classy wrote:
Urabask wrote:
beckylunatic wrote:There's unbound RP in the form of sapphires to brilliant diamonds. I'll have a stack of opals by the end of the week at this rate.
Well that sounds like it's going to get nerfed. :|
I think they've finally realized that artifact equipment RP doesn't need to be as hard to come by as it is now. In three days I already have enough RP to cover the 20% gap in RP that you get when you feed your old weapons into new ones just with the bound relic RP. By the time I actually have the mats and marks needed to get it to legendary I could probably just take them to legendary with bound RP from scratch.