Path of Least Resistance Not Intended

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
two31
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Path of Least Resistance Not Intended

Post by two31 »

From the NW.70.20161025b.11 patch notes: "The Runestead fishing spot was primarily intended to be a place for collectors to catch types of fish exclusive to this area. Its emergent use for map farming was not intended."

This is further evidence that not only do the devs not play their game, they don't play any MMOs. Player behaviour was easy to anticipate.

I've skipped Sea of Moving Ice on the live server, so I don't particularly care about the nerf to map farming. I just wish they would spend a little more time thinking in advance about how their product will be played.

rapo973
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Re: Path of Least Resistance Not Intended

Post by rapo973 »

Honestly I don't care :D
I've never farmed any map there, but I agree with you: if they don't want it, check it before releasing.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

Yeah RIP that spot. I think we had that in our guide, at least I hope so. Not sure why they didn't anticipate that a permanent spot in a private instance would be the preferred way to fish up bottles. I mean...
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion »

Arcane Runestead Reservoir