No more Andy

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
instynctive
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVE

No more Andy

Post by instynctive »

Surprised no one's jumped on this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/never ... ll-from-me
strumslinger wrote:Hey everyone,

I'd like to announce that we have another Community Manager joining our team, the amazing Julia (@nitocris83). I'll let her introduce herself more in another thread, but please welcome her to the team! She'll actually be working directly at Cryptic, which I'll talk more about later.

So what's this slight farewell from me? Well, I'll actually be taking a backseat and more of an advisory role going forward whereas Julia will do all the things you see me do now: blogs, social media, forums, events, live streams, developer communication, etc. When I mean advisory role, it means I'll only step in when I need to or give Julia advice when she asks with the understanding that I'll completely transition off of Neverwinter. This change won't happen immediately as we need to give Julia some time to get used to everything, but we'll be sure to let you know when I hit my advisory role - early-mid December.

As for what I'll be doing, I'm focusing on Gigantic and future projects at PWE, which I'm super excited about! So technically, I'll still be here :smile:.

These past 18 months have been incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better way to grow as not only a Community Manager, but a person. You guys have taught me so much, a lot of which I'll bring on to these future projects. Even when things got a chaotic - and sure did they get chaotic - I still enjoyed going to work every day for a game, which spoke so clearly to who I am. I've made some great bonds here and see a lot of you as my friends. Please continue reaching out to me and stay in touch! You can find me on Twitter @StrumSlinger. I made up that name for Neverwinter, but I'm gonna keep it!

As many of you know, I work at PWE, which is in a different building than Cryptic. With Julia now working at Cryptic, it'll make developer communication much easier as she can just walk on over and bug them :smile:.

I really do hope I made a difference with the game as was my intention when taking this role on last year. I have every bit of faith in Thomas and Julia to bring Neverwinter to a place you guys all want it to be - they're awesome! I haven't decided if I should do one last live stream, but we'll see.

Remember, with great rolling comes great responsibility!

With love <3,
Andy/Strumslinger/Spidey/Strum/Strummy/ASM (Asian Superman)/Clark Kent/all the nicknames you guys have given me in the past

P.S. Before portals to the Nine Hells opens, it was a difficult one, but I made the decision to work on future projects as it was something I couldn't let go. I still love Neverwinter! I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have in this thread.

JayAgeDee
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: No more Andy

Post by JayAgeDee »

He usually did a good job and actually seemed somewhat interested in the community so I am sad to see him go away to other projects.

Let's see how the new one will be.
"Riders of Neverwinter! What news on Preview?"

PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by PutzBoy78 »

interesting strumslinger moving on, and we get an intern as a replacement. The transfer of ownership from PW to Cryptic is interesting though. Call it what you will but does that mean PW interest in the game is declining? Remember we did see the job posting several months ago

revjimjones
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by revjimjones »

With the last few modules focus on Skewing the Metrics to make it seem like almost every Zone has a good amount of players in it, PWE can now let the Community Manager they pay focus on PWE Games, and allocate a bit of money to Cryptic so they can run the CM positions in House. While not a fan of Andy, he has been slightly better at the job than previous CMs, one can only hope that the new In House CM has some Training as a Copy Editor and actually reads the crap before they post it with Outdated or Incorrect Information.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

I wonder if the "83" in Julia's handle signifies year of birth as such things often do.
"no logs, only fix"

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert »

I wonder if she's hawt. Or at least cute.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

What the fuck difference does anyone's appearance make to their competence?

(While I have occasionally seen a few people be complimentary towards Andy's appearance and Akro's before him... NOBODY thought that was an important question to ask about the new CM any time the new CM was a guy.)
"no logs, only fix"

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert »

Obviously none.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

I wonder, if 83 means she was born in 1983, what the fuck difference it will make to beckycrankypants?

effy

Post by effy »

Can strumslinger take his retrd minions with him, those that are called moderatora ?
The forum decline is bcus of those fuckwits.

Also the interest in nw is declining which is gine by me, fucktatds done more worse to the game by adding their cash grabs methods and the game still suffers from economy, class balance and economy, while most of the bota flew away i gove them props, but it was still thanks to the community that they've done the skill node changrs.

Now i want to play gogantic, i already hv a key, i will problably meet strumslinger on their forums, but thanks for being a CM in NW now we know he's a patological liar.

effy

Post by effy »

Can strumslinger take his retrd minions with him, those that are called moderatora ?
The forum decline is bcus of those fuckwits.

Also the interest in nw is declining which is gine by me, fucktatds done more worse to the game by adding their cash grabs methods and the game still suffers from economy, class balance and economy, while most of the bota flew away i gove them props, but it was still thanks to the community that they've done the skill node changrs.

Now i want to play gigantic, i already hv a key, i will problably meet strumslinger on their forums, but thanks for being a CM in NW now we know he's a patological liar.

Shava

Post by Shava »

beckylunatic wrote:What the fuck difference does anyone's appearance make to their competence?

(While I have occasionally seen a few people be complimentary towards Andy's appearance and Akro's before him... NOBODY thought that was an important question to ask about the new CM any time the new CM was a guy.)
LOL Age, Sex, and Location please! I loved getting in some online game and getting ASL and telling them I was 17 year-old girl living in Iowa or some farm country. They would get around to asking me for nude pics and I would shoot them some hairy guys or grandma in a bikini.
HAHA! Sorry Becky the world will never change. They say most women choose a car based on looks, most men choose a woman based on looks, I am more mature than most men... the hell with what the girl looks like, is she richer than me? If I take her on a date can she afford the lobster?

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

TheHappyLion wrote:I wonder, if 83 means she was born in 1983, what the fuck difference it will make to beckycrankypants?
This because of stuff posted re: Andy being "a kid" but still having demonstrated maturity. Also the fact that a seeming lot of Cryptic's dev team have been fresh out of college, even when placed in senior positions after a short time. They do have some working for them with a long career history, but even glassdoor has solid indicators many view a position at Cryptic as a starter job.

I don't bash millenials. I'm a little interested in what a slightly older CM would bring to the table, as this is often a job taken on by younger individuals for whom social media is practically ingrained.

The social dynamics of different generations working together (or failing to) is actually an interesting subject.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

Oh gawd, 83 is younger than I am. :cry:

/betterquit
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Yup, we're old.
"no logs, only fix"

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

I got my first computer in 1983, if that says anything.

two31

Post by two31 »

Interestingly, nitocris83 doesn't have a #0000 suffix despite appearing to be a new account. By contrast, mimicking#6533 and wakeupparamour#9775 have the suffix.

instynctive
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by instynctive »

I like being old. It helps me get the hot little 20-somethings with daddy issues. :-D

Argrosch
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Argrosch »

Well, probably Strum just quoted the main handle, without the #. At least @nitocris83 isn´t an existing forum account, yet.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

Argrosch wrote:Well, probably Strum just quoted the main handle, without the #. At least @nitocris83 isn´t an existing forum account, yet.

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/p ... nitocris83 :?:
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr