MSVA (Easy Mode)

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Mr. Blindside
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

MSVA (Easy Mode)

Post by Mr. Blindside »

So I posted this on reddit but after one minute I can't find it and I think they hid it.

So there is an epidemic going on the PS4 version of Neverwinter, Elitism. For the past week if you want to find a good MSVA you would have to be IL 4k+. Allot of these groups have been using the same trick though. They want to keep it hush hush so the items they get from the chest can have a good resell value since there will only be limited quantity. Now My main is IL 4200 but I still take people with me who meets the requirements. Does it take a bit more time? Sure, but it also helps them out. Remember we were all noobs once.

Here's how it works.
When fighting the boss Have the the Cleric use Geas WHILE having the tank use a taunt skill while keeping a safe distance from the boss. The boss will then walk towards the tank but won't move from the Clerics Geas. If the Cleric used Geas and the tank was right next to the boss taunting the Geas would cancel and the boss would move as usual. So MAKE SURE your tank is taunting from a distance.

I ran this on one of my lower level toons at IL 3200 and made sure the rest of the party was around the same IL. We finished it no problem.

Hopefully this will get around and more on the requirement groups will be able to run MSVA successfully without the need for Elitism.

-Mr. Blindside

rapo973
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: MSVA (Easy Mode)

Post by rapo973 »

I understand why they hide your post: bugged behavior of geas if it works as you explained.
You're lucky. They haven't fixed AA yet, so there's a chance that geas will be bugged for the next 3 years: you can keep on fighting elitism till mod 11.

etelgrin
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by etelgrin »

and there is good chance you will get warning and annoying PM from one of the moderators too.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

Oh Geas acting up again? That's so Mod 6...
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Spell that is useless in all contexts except where it is bugged to affect something it shouldn't? Yay.
"no logs, only fix"

Mr. Blindside
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Mr. Blindside »

etelgrin wrote:and there is good chance you will get warning and annoying PM from one of the moderators too.

ohh that doesn't matter, I make throw-away accounts. Allot of my guild are reddit users and so they know my real reddit account. If they found out I was leaking their private strats I would be black-listed from the alliance.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

They'd blacklist you because spilling the beans means that their cheat will get taken away faster. My heart bleeds for all of you.
"no logs, only fix"

crizpynutz
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by crizpynutz »

beckylunatic wrote:They'd blacklist you because spilling the beans means that their cheat will get taken away faster. My heart bleeds for all of you.
Okay I laughed at this. :D
GF | Crizpy Shieldnutz | SM Conqueror DPS Tank
DC | Crizpy Holynutz | ACDC Buff Support

Guild Leader Civil Anarchy

effy
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by effy »

beckylunatic wrote:They'd blacklist you because spilling the beans means that their cheat will get taken away faster. My heart bleeds for all of you.
their cheat? are you fuckin retarded, this is cryptic cheat only... if u want to name it a cheat... this is part of the mechanics , if it isnt why it isnt fixed yet? dumb bitch.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff »

beckylunatic wrote:Spell that is useless in all contexts except where it is bugged to affect something it shouldn't? Yay.
I use it frequently in Throne of Dwarves to stun the bone giants if the party can't kill them in time. So one spot where it is usefull :D

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

Why is it a cheat? Because you didn't think of it.

Logray2015

Post by Logray2015 »

Cheat? lol, sounds like this person is one of them holier than thou legit tools. Which btw, their chat has become quite entertaining with the amount of arrogant assholes that now reside there

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

Just out of curiosity, what do they think they are getting from the chests that you can't get elsewhere?

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

I've never applied to or joined any custom channel devoted to PvE group-finding.

If you need to make a boss behave in a way it normally wouldn't in order to win the fight, you're cheating. Pull whatever mental gymnastics you want to justify your actions to yourself.
STSchiff wrote:
beckylunatic wrote:Spell that is useless in all contexts except where it is bugged to affect something it shouldn't? Yay.
I use it frequently in Throne of Dwarves to stun the bone giants if the party can't kill them in time. So one spot where it is usefull :D
I've used it in the Portobello event in the control trial as well. Targets that are not control immune. You can daze, entangle, or prone a bone golem too.
"no logs, only fix"

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

Becky, your logic is flawed. I'll grant you that human kind's greatest asset/detriment is its unrelenting tendency to rationalize anything in order to feel fuzzy inside. But what is normal? Is normal the way you prefer to experience content? Who are you to say that your way should be the norm for everyone? Here's an example: There's a new dungeon in the works and the developers have asked for feedback on players' experience with it, without (initially anyway) telling them what normal is. Strategies for winning are left entirely to the players. At that point, there is no normal, defined method for completing it. Getting through the content occurs serendipitously, through the use of ingenuity, or via brute force tactics. Which is right depends on who experienced it and how they decide to solve the problem. If you are saying that there is a specific way in which content must be completed, then that methodology should be stipulated at the outset so that all player behavior can be compared to it and judged accordingly.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Does Geas work on control immune targets? My understanding is that it does not, which is where the criticism comes from that it is useless under any circumstance where you might actually want to immobilize a specific target while not damaging it, since it doesn't work on bosses.

Is Svardborg control immune?

If Svardborg is control immune, should Geas work?

The devs might be interested in introducing cunning new tricks, but do we really need to discuss how highly improbable it would be to introduce an intentional mechanic that was entirely reliant on a DC slotting one particular power that is generally viewed as a waste of points? Even where they are encouraging players to innovate, this is in how you interact with the boss's powers and the environment, regardless of class or spec.
"no logs, only fix"

Logray2015

Post by Logray2015 »

Does it really matter, bugging it or doing it normal, you still get shit in the chests.

Better yet, who fucking cares, this is just a game. if said person wants to bug, cheat it, who cares, it does not affect your gameplay or mine in the least.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion »

Apparently Smorgasbord is not immune to all control powers. When was it stipulated anywhere that he is?

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 »

beckylunatic wrote:Does Geas work on control immune targets? My understanding is that it does not, which is where the criticism comes from that it is useless under any circumstance where you might actually want to immobilize a specific target while not damaging it, since it doesn't work on bosses.

Is Svardborg control immune?

If Svardborg is control immune, should Geas work?

The devs might be interested in introducing cunning new tricks, but do we really need to discuss how highly improbable it would be to introduce an intentional mechanic that was entirely reliant on a DC slotting one particular power that is generally viewed as a waste of points? Even where they are encouraging players to innovate, this is in how you interact with the boss's powers and the environment, regardless of class or spec.
Geas has been on again off again functional. When it was introduced it worked on everything, then they nerfed it to only work on characters that are not control immune. Every once and awhile it works on a boss until they fix it again (dragons for example). Geas otherwise is shit, why single target cc one assailant in a trash mob. Further to that on high crit DCs, I've seen Geas set, and then released based on the damage from Fire of the Gods alone. It's garbage and obscure enough that from time to time people find a loophole for it. DC CC skills are pretty much trash with the exception of stun from BtS and the slow from FF but both are single target making them only useful as a CC in pvp and even then vs low ilvls who aren't running elven battle and have cc immunity stats cranked up.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Svardborg is a Frost Giant. Giants are control immune. And it is similar to every time a dragon has been affected by control powers.

Knock yourself out bugging a boss if that's how you roll, but don't get snitty if someone calls you out for cheating and definitely don't be too surprised when it gets fixed.

Edit: This ties in with the thread about the crit severity bug too, and every other time anyone has come here hoping someone will teach them exactly how to execute some unintended thingy that isn't fixed yet. Players who will exploit a bug don't want to talk openly about how it works because they want to keep their secret advantage, so if you want to exploit it too, you'd better hope you're part of their in-group. Players who wouldn't exploit a bug aren't going to teach you how it works because they don't want to encourage exploiting, even if they're going to be disinterested if you learn it somewhere else. This is assuming the latter type knows the specifics, as they aren't generally curious beyond verifying that any given exploit exists at all.
"no logs, only fix"