Premade Character Builds

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
darthtzarr
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Premade Character Builds

Post by darthtzarr »

Okay I give up, I have been searching for over an hour. I remember seeing an article (that I believe was here on nwo) that included the details of each of the premade characters from the Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Orders. This included the equipment, as well as nwcalc links to their builds. I cannot find it anywhere on the internets.

Does anyone know where it is, or is familiar enough with the premade characters to state what the premade builds are?
DC|Sylux [DPS]
GF|Immortal Defender [Support][Tank]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

beckylunatic

Re: Premade Character Builds

Post by beckylunatic »

I only recall seeing the CW posted here as an example. If there was one with all of them, I haven't seen it. I can tell you that the premade HR is specced as an archer focused on Split the Sky.

Does the build it comes with matter? I'd be willing to venture that they're all worse than one we make ourselves. It comes with a respec.
"no logs, only fix"

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr »

I wanted to see how far off of the good builds they were. Wanted to see if I could get away with not spending the respec token. Maybe I just saw the CW, where was that listed?
DC|Sylux [DPS]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

I purchased the GWF one and it was a pretty standard Destroyer PVE build.

CW is here, but they scratched the level 25 professions: https://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/storm-k ... purchases/
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

What they've said about the builds is that they're designed for someone unfamiliar with the class to get used to playing it, then respec. My archer was playable but they hadn't put 3 pips into powers that I wanted to use, and while I don't recall the exact feat spec, I know it wasn't optimal for damage, and I had bought the HR because I wanted an archer but didn't want to respec my trapper and didn't want to level one.

Supposedly you can access them for free on preview but I haven't looked. You might have to delete your copied characters because you can't make new on preview once you have two slots occupied (which is still stupid).
"no logs, only fix"

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr »

Thanks! So they even come with bonus power points (the example nwcalc has a ton of rank 4 powers)? Do you know if they come with the extra character slot like the arc page says? The Zen Market doesn't seem to mention it.
DC|Sylux [DPS]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi »

I can't remember, but have an uneven amount of character slots on the account that bought the pack. That would suggest a slot was indeed included.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

That Calc looks really misleading, or bonus power points is something they removed along with levelled professions. I could have exactly one power with 4 pips.

I am maxed on character slots so I have no idea if it comes with one. You can have an uneven number of slots from the first-time buyer reward though.
"no logs, only fix"

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr »

Yes preview works exactly as described, and is plenty of enough resource to determine their builds and stuff. Very nice! Huge thanks for the help.

And yeah the nwcalc is definitely wrong.
DC|Sylux [DPS]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr »

Note that you can use said pack to unlock extra character slots on your preview account. You just cannot buy it while at the max number of character slots.
DC|Sylux [DPS]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic »

Oh, that's a great one to add to the Bag of Tricks series.
"no logs, only fix"

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr »

Yeah because it can also be used to try out any class at level 70 now, and even test mechanics and synergies for classes you don't own at level 70.
DC|Sylux [DPS]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]