3/16 Patch DC Changes

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

3/16 Patch DC Changes

Post by TheHappyLion »

Fuck. Why are the DC changes going live today when so many things that were supposed to have been fixed are still broken? Yeah, this is really the nail in the coffin for me. I am just fed up. The communication is sheepish as usual. Time to park my DC again until they get this mess sorted out.

MinMax Fortytwo
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Re: 3/16 Patch DC Changes

Post by MinMax Fortytwo »

Which fixes did you expect?

JayAgeDee
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by JayAgeDee »

And I am just sitting here happy they fixed the damage delay on Plant Groth :D
"Riders of Neverwinter! What news on Preview?"

Kanti
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by Kanti »

I don't think it's unreasonable for them to want to slip the AA fix in before people start unlocking Spellplague and just breezing through it.

There are quite a lot of bugs fixed in the patch besides. It doesn't 100% fix every single issue, but they did fix a lot of them.

JayAgeDee

Post by JayAgeDee »

Kanti wrote:I don't think it's unreasonable for them to want to slip the AA fix in before people start unlocking Spellplague and just breezing through it.

There are quite a lot of bugs fixed in the patch besides. It doesn't 100% fix every single issue, but they did fix a lot of them.
Y I don't see a bad thing in the patchnotes, only a couple of good things and still the only thing I hear is that there are still so many things to fix, which is true. But if you always just bash and never acknowledge when they do good its impossible for them to get actual feedback.
"Riders of Neverwinter! What news on Preview?"

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr »

The issue is that they claimed to fix things in the notes, that were not even fixed on preview:
PoD cooldown
PoD misfiring on weak enemies
PoD not firing on summoned enemies
Living Fire not proccing at all under several situations
Repurpose Soul didn't get any change, could have been an accidental overwrite/revert when they launched preview, but we won't know till it's live
Warding Flare was buffed to not be useless, but the cooldown is still too long to be useful
Divine Searing Light procs weapon enchants now, but procs them extra times on the same target... guess that isn't bad, but still.
Prophetic Action is not logged properly in the combat log (super minor, but still an issue)

Pretty sure I am forgetting some. Maybe they fixed some before going live, but we wouldn't know, since the test window was literally one cycle long for us as players.
DC|Sylux [DPS]
GF|Immortal Defender [Support][Tank]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion »

JayAgeDee wrote:But if you always just bash and never acknowledge when they do good its impossible for them to get actual feedback.
First, they are not a puppy that requires positive reinforcement. They are a fucking business that is in business to make money. The only feedback that is important to them is that which helps them make more money. Leaving broken things in the game is good for business. Players will keep spending to adjust to the meta of the month as changes and fixes are released. This is why QA is not important. Players will spend regardless if things work or don't. So I really don't understand what you mean by "actual feedback". In case you missed it, WE HAVE BEEN GIVING THEM FEEDBACK ABOUT THE BROKEN DC SHIT FOR FOREVER AND THEY ONLY FIXED IT WHEN IT SUITED THEIR NEEDS NOT OURS! I hope that is clear to you now. Now go get yourself a doggie bone.

MinMax Fortytwo

Post by MinMax Fortytwo »

True it is a business. And every business works different. They lead a company to create an MMORPG and offer their services around this product.

We are talking about a piece of software that is kinda complexe and considering the market of free2play MMORPGs Neverwinter is still one of the better ones that now exist for almost 4 years.
Yes it is still buggy and a lot of problems where neglected but I have the feeling since Mimic King is the Lead Designer things change, in my opinion to the positive side. The DC changes where coming at a time where basically no one expected it soon to happen. And there they are and implemented relativly fast. Also the GWF Bug was fixed (no one expected this either to happen anymore).

People said they dislike how few Arcanite Focus and Books they got. It was upped and implemented into dailies.

I also have only positives about the new module. Yes it is more dailies but if the future daily content looks like that (give me as player choice with mini dungeons, etc) I can definetly deal with it. The player numbers on the steam charts are climbing the past three month with a ratio of 8-9% which is a good sign overall.

Sorry, I can hardly understand why you are upset now that such a big patch comes out that deals with a lot of longterm issues the game had. I mean what do you want to be fixed? And don't get me wrong. Neverwinter is far from perfect and there is still a lot of work for them to do, but it is hard to deny that the game is going into the right direction. Or not?

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr »

They fixed Flame Strike before the build went live, but did not fix Repurpose Soul.
DC|Sylux [DPS]
GF|Immortal Defender [Support][Tank]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

Don DXB

Post by Don DXB »

JayAgeDee wrote:And I am just sitting here happy they fixed the damage delay on Plant Groth :D
looool same :D