Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
dupeks
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

Postby dupeks » Tue Jul 04, 2017 07:21

I put a fair bit of work into this, and I want to be as accessible as possible, so here is a copy. I strongly urge anyone who has not tried keybinds & aliases to take a look, I've done my best to make them intuitive and really simple to setup and use.

In my opinion, personalizing your Aliases and Keybinds is the best QoL improvement available to enhance your gaming experience. Setting things up seems daunting, but it's an investment in a faster and more intuitive future for yourself. Besides, if you keep reading you'll see that it's just a couple easy steps.

Aliases
You already use aliases when you type /g or /z to switch chat channel. What you may not know is that you can set up custom aliases to do pretty much any console command, and those can do a lot of neat things that would otherwise require clicks.

Alias Installation
The easiest way to set up aliases so that they persist is to put them in a file in your game installation directory
  1. Copy the below text into a file
  2. Save the file as CommandAliases.txt on your desktop,
  3. Move it into this directory:
[Your Personal Game Installation Root]\Neverwinter\Live\localdata\CommandAliases.txt

(you can also install it in Playtest if you want access on preview)

Contents to copy into CommandAliases.txt
alias chan1 channel_name_with_no_spaces
alias chan2 "channelsend "channel name with spaces" {}"
alias chan2s "channel_setcurrent "channel name with spaces""
alias defeat "gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme Activate"
alias killme "gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme Activate"
alias pet "gensendmessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button activate”
alias tp "gensendmessage Vipaction_Overworldmapteleport Activate"
alias ml "gensendMessage Vipaction_Mailbox Activate"
alias salvage "gensendmessage Vipaction_Salvager Activate"
alias anvil "gensendmessage Vipaction_Salvager Activate"
alias shop "gensendmessage Vipaction_Professionvendor Activate"
alias bank "gensendmessage Vipaction_Bankvendor Activate"
alias vault "gensendmessage Vipaction_Bankvendor Activate"
alias mp "gensendMessage Vipaction_Moonstonemaskteleport Activate"
alias cs gotoCharacterSelect
alias ivcs "invoke $$ gotocharacterselect"
alias ah "gensendmessage Auction_Root 1"
alias zen "gensendmessage Menubar_Cstorebutton Activate"
alias zax "gensendmessage Menubar_Diamondexchangebutton Activate"
alias fire "emote firebreathing"
alias juggle "emote juggle"
alias relax "emote relax"
alias lv "Team_Leave $$ GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate"
alias leave "Team_Leave $$ GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate"
alias lvq "GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate"
alias leaveq "GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate"
alias lvp Team_Leave
alias leavep Team_Leave
alias lead "Promote {}"
alias leadp "Promote {}"
alias inv "invite {}"
alias invp "invite {}"
alias req "Team_Request {}"
alias reqp "Team_Request {}"
alias kick "Team_Kick {}"
alias kickp "Team_Kick {}"
alias log "++CombatLog $$ CombatLog"
alias clog "++CombatLog $$ CombatLog"
alias fps "++showfps $$ ++showdevui $$ showfps $$ showdevui"
alias net "++netgraph $$ netgraph"
alias hlock "++HardTargetLock $$ HardTargetLock"
alias int interact
alias intl interactandloot
alias intv interactincludevolume
alias intc interactcursor
alias invo1 "invoke $$ showgameui 0 $$ bind numpad0 invo2"
alias invo2 "showgameui 1 $$ suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ bind numpad0 invo1"
alias zoom "gfxsetdefaultfov {}"
alias fov20 "gfxsetdefaultfov 20 $$ bind wheelminus fov25"
alias fov25 "gfxsetdefaultfov 25 $$ bind wheelplus fov20 $$ bind wheelminus fov30"
alias fov30 "gfxsetdefaultfov 30 $$ bind wheelplus fov25 $$ bind wheelminus fov35"
alias fov35 "gfxsetdefaultfov 35 $$ bind wheelplus fov30 $$ bind wheelminus fov40"
alias fov40 "gfxsetdefaultfov 40 $$ bind wheelplus fov35 $$ bind wheelminus fov45"
alias fov45 "gfxsetdefaultfov 45 $$ bind wheelplus fov40 $$ bind wheelminus fov50"
alias fov50 "gfxsetdefaultfov 50 $$ bind wheelplus fov45 $$ bind wheelminus fov55"
alias fov55 "gfxsetdefaultfov 55 $$ bind wheelplus fov50 $$ bind wheelminus fov60"
alias fov60 "gfxsetdefaultfov 60 $$ bind wheelplus fov55 $$ bind wheelminus fov65"
alias fov65 "gfxsetdefaultfov 65 $$ bind wheelplus fov60 $$ bind wheelminus fov70"
alias fov70 "gfxsetdefaultfov 70 $$ bind wheelplus fov65 $$ bind wheelminus fov75"
alias fov75 "gfxsetdefaultfov 75 $$ bind wheelplus fov70 $$ bind wheelminus fov80"
alias fov80 "gfxsetdefaultfov 80 $$ bind wheelplus fov75 $$ bind wheelminus fov85"
alias fov85 "gfxsetdefaultfov 85 $$ bind wheelplus fov80 $$ bind wheelminus fov90"
alias fov90 "gfxsetdefaultfov 90 $$ bind wheelplus fov85 $$ bind wheelminus fov95"
alias fov95 "gfxsetdefaultfov 95 $$ bind wheelplus fov90 $$ bind wheelminus fov100"
alias fov100 "gfxsetdefaultfov 100 $$ bind wheelplus fov95"
alias scrollZoomOn fov60
alias scrollZoomOff "unbind wheelplus $$ unbind wheelminus"
alias installFBinds "bind F1 killme $$ bind F2 pet $$ bind F3 tp $$ bind F4 ml $$ bind F5 anvil $$ bind F6 bank $$ bind F7 shop $$ bind F8 mp $$ bind F9 lv $$ bind F10 log $$ bind F11 cs $$ bind F12 ivcs $$ successMsg "
alias uninstallFBinds "unbind F1 $$ unbind F2 $$ unbind F3 $$ unbind F4 $$ unbind F5 $$ unbind F6 $$ unbind F7 $$ unbind F8 $$ unbind F9 $$ unbind F10 $$ unbind F11 $$ unbind F12 $$ successMsg "
alias installCBinds "bind ctrl+g int $$ bind ctrl+b follow $$ bind ctrl+n net $$ bind ctrl+m fps $$ bind ctrl+l hlock $$ bind ctrl+h ah $$ bind ctrl+x zax $$ bind numpad0 invo1 $$ successMsg "
alias uninstallCBinds "unbind ctrl+g $$ unbind ctrl+b $$ unbind ctrl+n $$ unbind ctrl+m $$ unbind ctrl+l $$ unbind ctrl+h $$ unbind ctrl+x $$ unbind numpad0 $$ successMsg "
alias installBinds "installFBinds $$ installCBinds"
alias uninstallBinds "uninstallFBinds $$ uninstallCBinds"

Overview of added functionality
  • /chan1 functions like /p and /z, switching you to a channel and letting you keep typing to start your msg (only works with channels with no spaces in name). Set up your own channels! (this is really the only "manual" part of the installation)
  • /chan2 + [msg] + [enter] or /chan2s + [enter] to switch + send a message or just switch to a custom channel that has a space in the name. Set up your own channels! (this is really the only "manual" part of the installation)
  • /defeat to trigger the GM Help "Kill Me" Prompt
  • /pet to summon or unsummon your companion
  • /tp to summon VIP signpost
  • /ml to summon VIP mailbox
  • /anvil to summon VIP Salvage Anvil
  • /shop to summon VIP Vendor
  • /bank to summon VIP bank
  • /mp to VIP teleport to Moonstone Mask
  • /ah to open Auction House window
  • /zen to open Zen Store
  • /zax to open Zen / AD Exchange
  • /log to toggle Combat Log and report whether it's on or off
  • /net to toggle Netgraph and report whether it's on or off
  • /fps to toggle Frames Per Second and report whether it's on or off (*requires launcher options, see below section "To Enable /fps")
  • /int to interact with an object, door, or node (but not a player, so it's good for crowded doors or nodes)
  • /fire to do the fancy fire-breathing emote (need to know it)
  • /juggle to do the fancy juggle emote (need to know it)
  • /relax to do the fancy relax emote (need to know it)
  • /inv + [toon@handle] to invite someone to party
  • /req + [toon@handle] to request to join someone's party (and join automatically if they have their preferences set that way)
  • /kick + [toon@handle] to kick someone from party
  • /lead + [toon@handle] to promote someone to party leader (must be party leader)
  • /leave or /lv to leave both party and queue group (can also be bound to a key, see below)
  • /cs to go to Character Selection Screen (good for fast character switching, meant to be bound)
  • /ivcs to invoke and go to character select (good for fast invoking on multiple characters, meant to be bound)
  • /zoom + [number] to set your zoom level to a particular value (or install scrolling, see below)

Getting that name right
When typing [toon@handle] for a system command (like /invite full word) you can begin typing someone's toon or @handle, then select from a list by using the arrow keys and [enter]. The list contains players the game thinks you'd have interest talking to, and often has the right names in it. The player name suggestion list is case sensitive, but sending commands is not.

Unfortunately, this suggestion system doesn't work with aliases, but that's ok because...

For invites and join request aliases (/inv /req /kick) you can usually use only the toon name, omitting the @handle. Names are not case sensitive. If a name contains spaces, you can usually even get away with omitting " " (ex. /inv purify the pickles)

Mousewheel Zooming
If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel and are interested in DIY scrolling-to-zoom, this is for you. Once per character, in-game, type the following command into chat and press enter

/scrollZoomOn
  • Now you have DIY-zoom enabled (try scrolling up and down)
  • Don't worry, this is only enabled when appropriate (scrolling on menus doesn't zoom you)
  • All of those alias fov commands upstairs let this feature work

To "uninstall" the scrolling
/scrollZoomOff

Custom Key Binds
Bind commands are similar to aliases, but they connect a particular key press with a command (rather than connecting a typed alias with a command).

Set these up once per character by typing out these commands in-game and pressing enter after each one. Here is what most of my characters have bound from back in the day. It's what you would have had to type out by hand... but keep reading.
/bind F1 "gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme Activate"
/bind F2 "gensendmessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button Activate”
/bind F3 "gensendmessage Vipaction_Overworldmapteleport Activate"
/bind F4 "gensendMessage Vipaction_Mailbox Activate"
/bind F5 "gensendmessage Vipaction_Salvager Activate"
/bind F6 "gensendmessage Vipaction_Bankvendor Activate"
/bind F7 "gensendmessage Vipaction_Professionvendor Activate"
/bind F8 "gensendMessage Vipaction_Moonstonemaskteleport Activate"
/bind F9 "Team_Leave $$ GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate"
/bind F11 gotoCharacterSelect
/bind F12 "invoke $$ gotocharacterselect"
/bind ctrl+b follow
/bind ctrl+h "gensendmessage Auction_Root 1"
/bind ctrl+x "gensendmessage Menubar_Diamondexchangebutton Activate"
/bind ctrl+g interact
/bind ctrl+n ++netgraph
/bind ctrl+l ++HardTargetLock

Aliases work too
/bind F1 killme
/bind F2 pet
/bind F3 tp
/bind F4 ml
/bind F5 anvil
/bind F6 bank
/bind F7 shop
/bind F8 mp
/bind F9 lv
/bind F10 log
/bind F11 cs
/bind F12 ivcs

... and so on.

Below, I have created 2 bind packages that can make installation on a new character easier.

"F Bind Package"
F1 = Defeat Me
F2 = Summon / Dismiss Pet
F3 = VIP Signpost
F4 = VIP Mailbox

F5 = VIP Salvage Anvil
F6 = VIP Bank
F7 = VIP Professions Vendor
F8 = VIP Moonstone Mask Teleport

F9 = Leave both Queue group and Party
F10 = Toggle Combat Log
F11 = Go to Character Select Screen
F12 = Invoke, then Go to Character Select Screen

To "install" the above F1 - F12 keybinds
/installFBinds

To "uninstall" the above F1 - F12 keybinds
/uninstallFBinds

"C Bind Package"
(the C stands for "ctrl")

ctrl+g = Interact, ignoring players (for getting through crowded doors or nodes)
ctrl+b = Follow
ctrl+n = Toggle netgraph
ctrl+m = Toggle fps (*see below to enable required showdevUI launcher option)
ctrl+l = Toggle hard target lock
ctrl+h = Open Auction House
ctrl+x = Open Zen / AD Exchange
Numpad0 2x = Press this twice to invoke and suppress the invocation window

To "install" the above ctrl+ keybinds
/installCBinds

To "uninstall" the above ctrl+ keybinds
/uninstallCBinds

If you want both F and C binds
(makes it easy to set up new characters)

To "install" both the above F and ctrl+ keybinds
/installBinds

To "uninstall" both the above F and ctrl+ keybinds
/uninstallBinds

To Enable /fps and the ctrl+m bind
The game starts out in a state where the /showDevUI command is disabled (set to -1)
In order to allow us to toggle the fps meter, you need to enable it in the launcher options
After starting the launcher but before clicking "Play"
Look in top right -> click Options -> Scroll to bottom -> Add the following command line option
-showdevui 0

Now ctrl+m and /fps should work to toggle the fps view

If you screw up a bind
Custom binds override default key bindings, but don't erase them. Try unbinding first.
P normally opens up the power screen. If i override it to tp, I get my sign post. And when I unbind, I get power window back.
/bind p tp
/unbind p

Or go into the options -> keybinds to see if you can recover whatever basic key you lost.

When all else fails, reset and try again.
Esc->Options->Reset to Defaults

Other Useful Chat Commands
  • /p = party
  • /q = queue group
  • /z = zone chat (shared across ALL instances of a map)
  • /s = say (local to just your instance, limited by distance too)
  • /g = guild
  • /o = guild officer (if you are an officer)
  • /all = alliance
  • /lfg or /lfm = looking for group channel
  • /t [toon@handle] = tell
  • /r = reply (to the last tell you received / sent) (same as [backspace])
  • /raid = raid channel (shared across ALL instances of a map for your "team")
  • /match = match channel (shared for your instance of a map, both teams)
  • /c [channel name] [msg] = switch to custom channel and send a message
  • /invite [toon@handle] = invite someone to your party (if you are leader)
  • /team_request [toon@handle] = request to join someone else's party
  • /team_leave = leave your party

A note about case sensitivity
The console is not case sensitive. I like proper casing, in part because i think it makes the code more readable to folks trying to tinker with it. But when you're executing commands in console, you can type all lower case and things will work out fine :)

A note about updating CommandAliases.txt
The game appears to read this file on execution time, each time. That means that you don't have to exit the game to make changes, and you can edit the file, save it, and have any updates apply right away. This also makes tinkering with code a lot easier, if you're inclined to customize!

A note for those who use single-target ranged powers, particularly with allied targets
Aliases and keybinds can be used to specify a target by name, making it easier in the heat of combat. See this link:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neve ... ds-for-pve

Advanced Keybind Modules
I've developed a few expansion keybind modules that are designed with DC's Exaltation and divine DG powers in mind. Also a simplified generic one that creates ctrl+q ctrl+e ctrl+r targeted versions of each of your powers. Meant for easily playing around / testing targeted powers.
Advanced Keybind Modules post

Select sources (not all listed, PM me):
Change log
  • 2017-07-23
    • Added note about updating CommandAliases.txt while the game is running (updating is simple)
    • Added generic ctrl+ targeted keybind module to Advanced Keybind Modules post
    • Moved AH bind from ctrl+a to ctrl+h, so it doesn't interfere with combat. You can fix this by either unintsalling, updating your CommandAliases.txt and installing the updated version, or just installing the updated version and manually executing
      /unbind ctrl+a
  • 2017-07-22
    • Added /fps /net /hlock toggle + reports, I really liked the announcing of status commands (credit: Artifleur)
    • Assigned ctrl+g to /int which ignores players so you can get through crowded doors or nodes (credit: Artifleur)
    • Added Ctrl-binds package with /installCBinds. the F binds can now be installed with /installFBinds. /installBinds has now been reassigned to install both C and F binds. Similarly with /uninstallCBinds, /uninstallFBinds, and /uninstallBinds
    • Assigned F10 to /log for combat log toggle. Be careful, it's right next to leave party and change character lol... you can just type /log too
    • Added /lead to pass lead
    • Added 2x numpad0 invoke mechanic to C-Binds (credit: khdk111)
    • Moved follow from ctrl+f to ctrl+b (because it interfered with default collecting HE reward). You can fix this be either uninstalling, updating your CommandAliases.txt and installing the updated version, or just installing the updated version and manually executing
      /unbind ctrl+f
  • 2017-07-11
    • Updated Exalt bind module (improved target name command), added d. DG module in Advanced Keybind Modules post (credit: lots of folks, see some links above)
  • 2017-07-09
    • Fixed broken F1 killme bind (credit: berserk Aries)
  • 2017-07-07
  • 2017-07-05
    • Added /zen /zax and /ah binds (credit: Janne)
  • 2017-07-04
    • Added invoke+gotocharselect (credit: j0Shi)
    • Reorganized F-binds, adding character-switching to F11 and F12
Last edited by dupeks on Mon Jul 24, 2017 01:36, edited 74 times in total.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

Postby j0Shi » Tue Jul 04, 2017 07:47

Wow, thanks for the compilation! Using some of this stuff in some shape or form myself.

What proved to be very handy for me is "invoke $$ gotocharacterselect". You just have to login and hit one button to invoke and log out again. It makes circling through the account much easier.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

dupeks

Postby dupeks » Tue Jul 04, 2017 08:14

j0Shi wrote:
Wow, thanks for the compilation! Using some of this stuff in some shape or form myself.

What proved to be very handy for me is "invoke $$ gotocharacterselect". You just have to login and hit one button to invoke and log out again. It makes circling through the account much easier.
Amazing, this is exactly the stuff that I was hoping would pop up. I'm adding it into my default F bindings as F12.

I find that /scrollZoomOn and /installBinds is really quick on a new character or hesitant users :)

Edit: Made me redo my whole F-block, since it's been so long that I've done anything with it. F9 is now leave party/queue, F11 char select, F12 invoke + char select. I think that's intuitive enough.

Fzt
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Postby Fzt » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:21

Oooo! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

dupeks

Postby dupeks » Tue Jul 04, 2017 20:03

Does anyone know if there are exposed invite and kick commands for the queue system? The only thing I've ever been able to find is the leave command
/GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate

I even snooped around in /Gensendmessage when you start typing things by name, but nothing related to invites or requests seemed functional

silentrock
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Postby silentrock » Wed Jul 05, 2017 06:11

Great job! I'd add a few more things to that list. First is opening the ah window and the second is opening the zen-ad exchange window. People use those two all the time and there's no default keybind to open them.
Probably there's many more things like that to be added, like using the items before pvp or over raid. BTW is there any way to switch loadouts like that?

dupeks

Postby dupeks » Wed Jul 05, 2017 06:29

silentrock wrote:
Great job! I'd add a few more things to that list. First is opening the ah window and the second is opening the zen-ad exchange window. People use those two all the time and there's no default keybind to open them.
Probably there's many more things like that to be added, like using the items before pvp or over raid. BTW is there any way to switch loadouts like that?
Do you have commands for that? Ever since they disabled /genaddwindow I don't know of a way to open the AH or ZAX... (and yeah, i used to have those bound)

I haven't poked around to see if you can change loudouts with binds. I imagine it's possible, they may have exposed the commands. I'll go snooping for it eventually.

Let me know if you have any specifics.

Janne
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Postby Janne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 08:25

gensendmessage Auction_Root activate

All the top menu can be activate with this sort of commands:

GenSendMessage Menubar_Cstorebutton activate (Zen shop)
gensendmessage Menubar_Auctionbutton activate (AH)
GenSendMessage Menubar_Diamondexchangebutton activate (ZAX)

silence1x
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Postby silence1x » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Bert
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Postby Bert » Wed Jul 05, 2017 15:36

Thanks! I learnt a new one from your list "Team_Leave $$ GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate" will bind it.

khdk111

Postby khdk111 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 15:48

j0Shi wrote:

It's not perfect. When you have items in your overflow bag, you won't invoke but still will go to the character select screen.
I have a different solution. One of the most annoying and time-consumping things is closing pop-up window with invoke rewards. I've noticed that when you invoke and hide-unhide interface (or use observation mode) before popping-up, this window is not appearing. So i made 2 keybinds:

/bind "F9" "invoke $$ showgameui 0"
/bind "F10" "showgameui 1 $$ suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0"

where
showgameui 0/1 - hide/show UI
suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 - disable mouse cursor mode (by default it's on after unhiding)

And with gotocharacterselect keybind on F11 it's working just fine.

dupeks

Postby dupeks » Wed Jul 05, 2017 19:09

Janne wrote:

Excellent, thank you. I'm a fool for not finding these myself :)
Will update to add these in as aliases in the standard text file when I get home.

dupeks

Postby dupeks » Wed Jul 05, 2017 19:17

khdk111 wrote:
j0Shi wrote:

It's not perfect. When you have items in your overflow bag, you won't invoke but still will go to the character select screen.
I have a different solution. One of the most annoying and time-consumping things is closing pop-up window with invoke rewards. I've noticed that when you invoke and hide-unhide interface (or use observation mode) before popping-up, this window is not appearing. So i made 2 keybinds:

/bind "F9" "invoke $$ showgameui 0"
/bind "F10" "showgameui 1 $$ suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0"

where
showgameui 0/1 - hide/show UI
suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 - disable mouse cursor mode (by default it's on after unhiding)

And with gotocharacterselect keybind on F11 it's working just fine.
I'm not sure I follow completely... but what you're saying is that you set up your F9 and F10 keybinds to invoke +hide UI and then show UI + leave mouse cursor mode. And that helps prevent the annoying invoke popup? Would it work with use 1 keybind possibly with some sort of command in between hide and show UI?

Janne

Postby Janne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 19:17

dupeks wrote:
Janne wrote:

Will update to add these in as aliases in the standard text file when I get home.

Ohh and I've mistyped, the first one is gensendmessage Auction_Root 1

dupeks

Postby dupeks » Wed Jul 05, 2017 19:26

Janne wrote:
dupeks wrote:
Janne wrote:

I'll validate when I get home (I validate all of the commands up there hehe). Thank you. I have a suspicion that in certain cases Activate and 1 are equivalent in this funny console language.

Also, I'm working on an exalt bind module. But I'm having trouble having it preserve the quoted target name as it passes arguments between different aliases... is there a console wizard out there who might volunteer to help me? It's almost entirely functional (rebinding and unbind Q E or R and letting you define and confirm a target etc). Just the final exalt command keeps failing because (I think) somewhere it's stripping the quotes from the target name. PM me and I can send you the module in progress (might not be able to send for a few hours though)

khdk111

Postby khdk111 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 19:51

dupeks wrote:
And that helps prevent the annoying invoke popup?

Yeah pretty much

dupeks wrote:
Would it work with use 1 keybind possibly with some sort of command in between hide and show UI?

IDK. I tried some commands between "hide" and "show" on 1 keybind. And without commands too like:
/bind "some_key" "invoke $$ showgameui 0 $$ showgameui 1 $$ suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0"
this method isn't working. Window is appearing. No idea if it's possible to set delay between commands.

The only stable working method for me is to split this action between 2 keys.

Janne

Postby Janne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 20:28

dupeks wrote:
Janne wrote:
dupeks wrote:

I'll validate when I get home (I validate all of the commands up there hehe). Thank you. I have a suspicion that in certain cases Activate and 1 are equivalent in this funny console language.

Also, I'm working on an exalt bind module. But I'm having trouble having it preserve the quoted target name as it passes arguments between different aliases... is there a console wizard out there who might volunteer to help me? It's almost entirely functional (rebinding and unbind Q E or R and letting you define and confirm a target etc). Just the final exalt command keeps failing because (I think) somewhere it's stripping the quotes from the target name. PM me and I can send you the module in progress (might not be able to send for a few hours though)

I've verified before correcting, it wont work with active, and only works with 1, I too assumed that it only looks for something not false, but in this case, strangely only "1" works.

I may be able to help you, but I'm not sure what are you trying to achieve.

Janne

Postby Janne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 20:29

khdk111 wrote:
dupeks wrote:
And that helps prevent the annoying invoke popup?

Yeah pretty much

dupeks wrote:
Would it work with use 1 keybind possibly with some sort of command in between hide and show UI?

IDK. I tried some commands between "hide" and "show" on 1 keybind. And without commands too like:
/bind "some_key" "invoke $$ showgameui 0 $$ showgameui 1 $$ suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0"
this method isn't working. Window is appearing. No idea if it's possible to set delay between commands.

The only stable working method for me is to split this action between 2 keys.

You can't set delays, and AFAIK it was made so on purpose to limit what can be scripted in the game.

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Postby Bert » Wed Jul 05, 2017 20:39

I was trying in my newbness to find a console command to switch gears on a press of a button.... then few months later loadouts came out, something all players were longing for.

khdk111

Postby khdk111 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 20:54

UPD
I tried to play with CommandAliases.txt. Added some strings:

alias i1 "invoke $$ showgameui 0 $$ bind numpad0 i2"
alias i2 "showgameui 1 $$ suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ bind numpad0 i1"

And then made a bind in console:
/bind numpad0 i1

And now it's working on 1 keybind. Just need to press key twice to invoke. Numpad0 in my case.