Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
silvergriffon
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

Post by silvergriffon »

dupeks wrote:Still looking for answers:
  • Exposed console command that would allow me to "save" the name of the target I'm looking at in an alias. $Target doesn't work because it is always resolved at the time you call it. (this is for the exalt package, would be great to bind "save whoever i'm looking at as my exalt named target" to a key)
I did a quick test and nesting $Target in the brackets as below seemed to actually work.

/alias tar1set "alias tar1 target {$Target}"
/alias ht1 "HardTargetLock 1 $$ tar1"

In my test ht1 hard locked me to the target that was under the cursor when I ran tar1set.

dupeks
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by dupeks »

silvergriffon wrote:
  • Exposed console command that would allow me to "save" the name of the target I'm looking at in an alias. $Target doesn't work because it is always resolved at the time you call it. (this is for the exalt package, would be great to bind "save whoever i'm looking at as my exalt named target" to a key)
I did a quick test and nesting $Target in the brackets as below seemed to actually work.

In my test ht1 hard locked me to the target that was under the cursor when I ran tar1set.
WOW That is golden. Thank you I think you just solved my param passing problem :)

silvergriffon

Post by silvergriffon »

Something else I use is:

alias use0 "+InventoryExec Inventory 0"
alias use1 "+InventoryExec Inventory 1"
alias use2 "+InventoryExec Inventory 2"

These activate items in the top three slots in your main bag without having to open it. So far, I have tested and found it works with invocations, food, and buff potions. It does not work with healing potions.

Artifleur

Post by Artifleur »

dupeks wrote: Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing. I'm going to play around with it and then integrate it into my keybind package.
I think I'll probably split the keybinds into the F-binds and other binds to make it easier to install only the "basic" stuff

/interact
You're right I don't know why the ++was there in interact. I know it toggles, but haven't ever tried using interact without it.
There are 4 interact commands that I'm aware of, and I'd need to spend some more time with them to figure out exactly what the differences are
/interact = you've explained that this doesn't work with players. good to know
/interactandloot = you've explained that this is the default command used, so it works with everything, good to know
/interactincludevolume = I've been able to use this command to interact with nodes / NPCs that are currently clipping through walls or something (like one of the SH guards for the SH siege quest who would get stuck in a wall), even when the normal interact command didn't work. but not sure if that's relevant
/interactcursor = not sure

/combatlog
Awesome stuff, definitely going to build this in. I have an alias for combat log i didn't include above, but I like your elegant bind I'll probably toss it up onto my F10 position.

/showfps
need to think on this. I'm not a big fan of having fps numbers in non-FPS games lol so I personally didn't really explore these commands. but I'll play around with them over the next week and see what works. I'll def make mention of your stuff once I update :)

one more note on the ++. For _some_ but not all commands, you can instead say combatlog 1 or combatlog 0 to explicitly turn them on or off. You don't have to interface with the ++ to toggle them, you can set them explicitly with 1 or 0. Not all commands work like that, but combat log does for instance. But the toggle is very useful for binds <3

Stay tuned for updates, might take me a couple days :)
Edit: that took shorter than expected. whee!
I'm glad that you found some of my stuff useful. :)
silvergriffon wrote: I did a quick test and nesting $Target in the brackets as below seemed to actually work.

This doesn't work for me. I've also tried using {$Target} with the command /c but it isn't recognized as an argument.

One more thing, I recently found that you can bind commands to the "=" key by typing /bind == command. This seems to imply that the character "=" otherwise has a special meaning in command lines.

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

silvergriffon wrote:

Yeah this also doesn't appear to work for me. I can't save it to a Say command either (just Says a blank each time). Are you certain that you weren't looking at the target at the time you did the second command?

silvergriffon

Post by silvergriffon »

dupeks wrote:
silvergriffon wrote:

Yeah this also doesn't appear to work for me. I can't save it to a Say command either (just Says a blank each time). Are you certain that you weren't looking at the target at the time you did the second command?
Maybe, I can't get it to work now. Sorry. :cry:

Janne
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Janne »

silvergriffon wrote:Something else I use is:

alias use0 "+InventoryExec Inventory 0"
alias use1 "+InventoryExec Inventory 1"
alias use2 "+InventoryExec Inventory 2"

These activate items in the top three slots in your main bag without having to open it. So far, I have tested and found it works with invocations, food, and buff potions. It does not work with healing potions.
Those will activate anything that has use in it's context menu. If you right click and see "use" it should work, if not not. Stuff like the 20-sided dice works for example. And once thrones, but they removed that option, no idea why.

ISA
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by ISA »

Aliases do not allow "stacking" of quotation marks. At least this is not very safe to do. The better way is:
alias randomtext "team <&randomText&>"

Stormshadow

Post by Stormshadow »

alias pet "gensendmessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button activate”

Does not seem to work in-game. I have tried several different times, pet already summoned/unsummoned and it still does not work. I have also tried to capitalize the word Activate like the others in the example and still no joy. Any idea what may be going on? All other F binds work well. Thank you for posting this, it has been very helpful.

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Stormshadow wrote:alias pet "gensendmessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button activate”

Does not seem to work in-game. I have tried several different times, pet already summoned/unsummoned and it still does not work. I have also tried to capitalize the word Activate like the others in the example and still no joy. Any idea what may be going on? All other F binds work well. Thank you for posting this, it has been very helpful.
Drat, fixed!

I think the last time I edited this (or maybe since the beginning) I accidentally introduced a bad quote at the end of that command " is different than ” and the game needs " to correctly terminate the command. Some text editors automatically change the quotes to the stylized variants depending on whitespace around a phrase.

I've updated the original post, but you can fix it yourself by replacing the bad quote.

Thanks for pointing this out, sorry for my sloppiness <3

Stormshadow

Post by Stormshadow »

Thanks for the quick reply! And thank you for putting this all together.

WASDsensei

Post by WASDsensei »

I should know the answer to this... But I have a problem with what should be a fairly simple script I'd like to use when leading green dragon groups during DF.

Looks like this:

Code: Select all

alias g1 "say GREEN DRAGON TIPS BY CLASS COPY-PASTA FOLLOWS:"
alias g2 "say DCs: Spam Break the Spirit, especially Empowered, alternating with Forgemaster's Flame, and a healing spell (Bastion or Word). Spec for Heal Over Time, if applicable."
alias g3 "say DCs: Also, slot Light of Divinity for the passive heals to help counter the poison fog."
alias g4 "say PALADINS: Should go Healadin mode with Aura of Divinity, Bond of Virtue, Absolution, and Cleansing Touch."
alias g5 "say OWLBEAR CUB SW: Should go Hellbringer-Temptation. All other SWs go to your preferred DPS."
alias g6 "say If CW/HR you should probably be at Black. If TR/GF/GWF you should probably be at Red."
alias g7 "say OBEY THE GUILD MAMA! Even if it violates this. [end]"
alias g2b "say BREAK OFF!!! BREAK OFF!!! GREEN TO BLACK! EVERYONE BUT FINISHERS TO BLACK!"
alias 2sp "say BREAK OFF!!! BREAK OFF!!! (Melee->Blue, Ranged->Black)"
But comes out like this:
neverwinter_alias_say_victorian_caps.png
neverwinter_alias_say_victorian_caps.png (197.75 KiB) Viewed 6269 times
Which is kinda illegible... Does the say command always capitalize the first letter of every word like this when used in an alias? Or is there some way to prevent it?

WASDsensei

Post by WASDsensei »

Said I'd post if I found something out, so... Half way there.

I have discovered that if you prefix a word with a backslash (\) it lower cases the first letter and the slash is invisible.

Can't force a phrase to be ALL CAPS though.

So:

alias g1 "say GREEN DRAGON TIPS BY CLASS COPY-PASTA FOLLOWS:"
alias g2 "say DCs: Spam Break \the Spirit, \especially Empowered, \alternating \with Forgemaster's Flame, \and \a \healing \spell (Bastion \or Word). Spec \for Heal Over Time, \if \applicable."
alias g3 "say DCs: Also, \slot Light \of Divinity \for \the \passive \heals \to \help \counter \the \poison \fog."
alias g4 "say PALADINS: Should \go Healadin \mode \with Aura \of Divinity, Bond \of Virtue, Absolution, \and Cleansing Touch."
alias g5 "say OWLBEAR CUB SW: Should \go Hellbringer-Temptation. All \other SWs \go \to \your \preferred DPS."
alias g6 "say If CW/HR \you \should \probably \be \at Black. If TR/GF/GWF \you \should \probably \be \at Red."
alias g7 "say OBEY THE GUILD MAMA! Even \if \it \violates \this. [\end - \excuse \odd \capitalization]"
Becomes:
neverwinter_proper_caps-sorta.png
neverwinter_proper_caps-sorta.png (176.45 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
Which is a slight improvement, but still hard to read.

No, forward slash does not force capitals. Nor do any of these: ^ @ * & %. Indeed, any non-alphabetical symbol prefixing a word will cause the first letter to be lower case. Clearly spaces are parsers of some sort, and the game is always trying to capitalize the first letter, but if it isn't a letter, it skips it - the fact that backslashes act as non-breaking spaces allows fooling the parser into making lower case words, but that's about the extent of what I can find so far.

I also tried running it through another command: eg.

alias ts "say {}"
alias g1 "ts GREEN DRAGON TIPS COPY-PASTA FOLLOWS:"
But the result is the same - parses the same odd way.

Janne

Post by Janne »

A fast way to do it is probably with binds, you can set a file named for example g1.txt

in g1.txt

f1 say "GREEN DRAGON TIPS BY CLASS COPY-PASTA FOLLOWS:"
f2 bind_load_file g2.txt

Then in g2.txt

f1 say "DCs: Spam Break the Spirit, especially Empowered, alternating with Forgemaster's Flame, and a healing spell (Bastion or Word). Spec for Heal Over Time, if applicable."
f2 bind_load_file g3.txt

etc.. until the last one where it circularly binds back to g1.txt

f1 say "OBEY THE GUILD MAMA! Even if it violates this. [end]"
f2 bind_load_file g1.txt

You can also chain bind with $$ etc.. or adapt it however you like, but for now I think it is the fastest solution to this.

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Janne wrote:A fast way to do it is probably with binds, you can set a file named for example g1.txt

in g1.txt

f1 say "GREEN DRAGON TIPS BY CLASS COPY-PASTA FOLLOWS:"
f2 bind_load_file g2.txt

Then in g2.txt

f1 say "DCs: Spam Break the Spirit, especially Empowered, alternating with Forgemaster's Flame, and a healing spell (Bastion or Word). Spec for Heal Over Time, if applicable."
f2 bind_load_file g3.txt

etc.. until the last one where it circularly binds back to g1.txt

f1 say "OBEY THE GUILD MAMA! Even if it violates this. [end]"
f2 bind_load_file g1.txt

You can also chain bind with $$ etc.. or adapt it however you like, but for now I think it is the fastest solution to this.
Yes, I think that solves the fast swapping of binds.

But the remaining issue is the Proper Casing Of All Words That Are Passed To The Say Command, which makes it difficult to EMPHASIZE CERTAIN PHRASES through SeLeCtIvE Capitalization.

Hee hee, thanks in advance for any ideas Janne <3

Janne

Post by Janne »

Binds do not capitalize incorrectly, it's an alias issue only. This is why I've suggested to do it with binds instead of aliases.

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Janne wrote:Binds do not capitalize incorrectly, it's an alias issue only. This is why I've suggested to do it with binds instead of aliases.
Oooh clever, thank you!

WASDsensei

Post by WASDsensei »

Hrmm... If you can use $$ in a keybind file, maybe you could consolidate that into one cycling key. Will experiment. Good find!

Janne

Post by Janne »

WASDsensei wrote:Hrmm... If you can use $$ in a keybind file, maybe you could consolidate that into one cycling key. Will experiment. Good find!
You can, I just thought that it's more convenient using two, so you can repeat a message if you want, or cycle back if you need. More of a concept of having multiple control keys and one message key, but it's all personal preference.

Sierrebrarc
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Sierrebrarc »

OK, so I'm sure it was mentioned in there somewhere... but every time I start reading that first post my eyes start glazing over....

I just want to do one simple thing... Make an alias that allows me to type /f instead of /flibbertigibbet (just an example) for the purpose of rapidly switching channels without having to type the whole name of the custom channel. obviously key binding would be great too, but I'll settle for /f or /t, etc...

So, I do have a follow up question. If the only thing I want to do is /f, etc., do I need to copy paste all the other stuff? I did, but do I need all of it? I guess some of it gives you access to features that you otherwise would not have access too, but... I dunno lol. It's 3 am and this hamster just wants to go to sleep. XD