Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Bert
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Re: Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

Post by Bert »

Haha. Isn't there a command to press a certain key? You could set to press numpad0 at the end of i1.

khdk111
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by khdk111 »

Bert wrote:Haha. Isn't there a command to press a certain key? You could set to press numpad0 at the end of i1.
Is it possible? Could you share an example pls?

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert »

I don't know if it is, I was asking. lol

crizpynutz
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by crizpynutz »

Wow! Excellent, thanks for this!!
GF | Crizpy Shieldnutz | SM Conqueror DPS Tank
DC | Crizpy Holynutz | ACDC Buff Support

Guild Leader Civil Anarchy

dupeks
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by dupeks »

I wanted to follow up on 2 things to see if anyone can help.

1) Does anyone know if there are exposed invite and kick commands for the queue system?

The only thing I've ever been able to find is the leave command

Code: Select all

/GenSendMessage Match_Leavemrg Activate
The other /Gensendmessage commands that include the term invite or request do not appear to be functional

2) Can anyone experienced with console param passing help troubleshoot this code?
Edit: Figured out a solution on my own.... kinda (see Targeted Command Keybind Module in the original posting)

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Quick update that I have a working (if somewhat inelegant) Targeted Command Keybind Module added to the original post.

It's designed with a DC's Exaltation power in mind, but maybe others could have a use for it too.

Also if you find a better solution than my inelegant double quote escapes \" I would be very happy

Edit: moved advanced modules out to their own post
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1484
Last edited by dupeks on Sat Jul 08, 2017 03:29, edited 2 times in total.

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Updated adding a DG keybind module (also shows you how to use aliases to bind a custom key to a targeted command)

Edit: moved advanced modules out to their own post
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1484

berserk Aries

Post by berserk Aries »

defeat alias did not work
alias installBinds "bind F1 killme $$.....
is better

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

berserk Aries wrote:defeat alias did not work
alias installBinds "bind F1 killme $$.....
is better
Apologies, fixed. Editing error on my part (I have a ton of duplicate aliases in my actual CommandAliases.txt and I accidentally removed defeatme but didn't update the binding. Sorry)

berserk Aries

Post by berserk Aries »

found another bug^^
alias uninstallBinds "unbind F1 $$ unbind F2 $$ unbind F3 $$ unbind F4 $$ unbind F5 $$ unbind F6 $$ unbind F7 $$ unbind F8 $$ unbind F9 $$ unbind F11 $$ unbind F12"
F2 got a default value

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

berserk Aries wrote:found another bug^^
alias uninstallBinds "unbind F1 $$ unbind F2 $$ unbind F3 $$ unbind F4 $$ unbind F5 $$ unbind F6 $$ unbind F7 $$ unbind F8 $$ unbind F9 $$ unbind F11 $$ unbind F12"
F2 got a default value
The binds override the default values, but don't erase them. So unbinding F2 should restore the "regular" functionality.

Now if you unbind it again after that, it clears out the original function as well. Then you have to rebind manually or do it through the game UI.

But yeah if you're using F2 actively then my package will override it XD

Ultimately I wanted to give people a starting point (that's reasonably easy to set up). I'd encourage you to customize it to your needs.

Muzu
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Muzu »

I am definitely using some of these. Thanks for going through all the trouble!

Although some of it is way over my head. Can any of these be programmed to send either "Take Rewards" or "Start Task"? Seems like you could cut off a minute or so on resetting professions if you could save a few clicks on buttons that always exist.

silentrock
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by silentrock »

dupeks wrote:
F2 got a default value
The binds override the default values, but don't erase them. So unbinding F2 should restore the "regular" functionality.

Now if you unbind it again after that, it clears out the original function as well. Then you have to rebind manually or do it through the game UI.

Ultimately I wanted to give people a starting point (that's reasonably easy to set up). I'd encourage you to customize it to your needs.
Just out of curiousity - which buttons did u bind for those original functions of F1/F2/F2?

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Muzu wrote:I am definitely using some of these. Thanks for going through all the trouble!

Although some of it is way over my head. Can any of these be programmed to send either "Take Rewards" or "Start Task"? Seems like you could cut off a minute or so on resetting professions if you could save a few clicks on buttons that always exist.
I'll have to poke around, but I think that might be a bit outside the functionality of console commands. The devs have locked some of the console functionality over time and I would be somewhat surprised if they had left any kind of professions-related commands functional. But I'll definitely take a look to see if I can find something that works. I wouldn't hold my breath though haha.
silentrock wrote:
dupeks wrote:

F2 got a default value

Just out of curiousity - which buttons did u bind for those original functions of F1/F2/F2?
Haha you'd have to remind me of the original functionality. I've remapped so many of the original keys over these years that I don't really remember what the default F1/F2 binds are anymore...

Sorry! I guess the only comment I have is that I find myself using F1/F2 binds pretty often (as well as all the others) and they are conveniently located for "high traffic" commands. So I'd say even if you do use F1/F2 for whatever they originally do, it might make sense to move those binds elsewhere anyway. Personal preference of course :)

rapo973

Post by rapo973 »

Great. Thank you for sharing.

silentrock
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by silentrock »

dupeks wrote:Haha you'd have to remind me of the original functionality. I've remapped so many of the original keys over these years that I don't really remember what the default F1/F2 binds are anymore...

Sorry! I guess the only comment I have is that I find myself using F1/F2 binds pretty often (as well as all the others) and they are conveniently located for "high traffic" commands. So I'd say even if you do use F1/F2 for whatever they originally do, it might make sense to move those binds elsewhere anyway. Personal preference of course :)
Lol, I've asked because I don't remember those original functionalities too :lol: And now after overriding it I can't bind other keys for those defaults.

Artifleur

Post by Artifleur »

Hello Dupeks,

Thanks for sharing this, I learned a few things. Storing aliases can be very useful indeed, I'll start using them.

Here are a few things which, I believe, weren't on your list :

1- /interact

There are several commands for interactions, the only one which appears in the keybind windows is /interactandloot. I don't understand the specifities of each of them but /interact basically does the same expect it doesn't work with players. This can be extremely useful when you want to talk to an NPC with a bunch of players standing on top of him. /interact will target the NPC regardless of all the players around while /interactandloot is very likely to open the player interact window instead of talking to the NPC. The one drawback about it is that it doesn't work for resurrecting a fellow player. What I use is :

/bind e interact
/bind g interactandloot
This way, I press "E" when I want to take loot, talk to an NPC, open a chest, etc.. and I press "G" when I want to resurrect someone.

2- ++

I saw the ++ code in some of your commands but you didn't explain that it means toggle between values 0 and 1.

One example of its uses is for setting a single keybind to toggle the combatlog on and off for later use in ACT :

/bind "F9" "++CombatLog $$ CombatLog"
This toggles combatlog and displays its current value in the chat box.

EDIT: There is a ++interact in your list but I don't know what the ++ is gonna do here since interact doesnt have a value.

3- showfps

The fps-meter can be useful when setting one's graphic settings. Making it appear and disappear with a single keybind can be tricky because showfps alone deosn't work but also requires showdevui :

/bind "F10" "++showfps $$ ++showdevui $$ showfps $$ showdevui"
The problem is that when starting the game, showdevui starts with the -1 value instead of 0 so the first use of ++showdevui will set to 0 instead of 1.

To circumvent this problem, you have to open the game launcher's options and add the following comand in the "command line" option

-showdevui 0

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Artifleur wrote:Hello Dupeks,

Thanks for sharing this, I learned a few things. Storing aliases can be very useful indeed, I'll start using them.

Here are a few things which, I believe, weren't on your list :

1- /interact

There are several commands for interactions, the only one which appears in the keybind windows is /interactandloot. I don't understand the specifities of each of them but /interact basically does the same expect it doesn't work with players. This can be extremely useful when you want to talk to an NPC with a bunch of players standing on top of him. /interact will target the NPC regardless of all the players around while /interactandloot is very likely to open the player interact window instead of talking to the NPC. The one drawback about it is that it doesn't work for resurrecting a fellow player. What I use is :

/bind e interact
/bind g interactandloot
This way, I press "E" when I want to take loot, talk to an NPC, open a chest, etc.. and I press "G" when I want to resurrect someone.

2- ++

I saw the ++ code in some of your commands but you didn't explain that it means toggle between values 0 and 1.

One example of its uses is for setting a single keybind to toggle the combatlog on and off for later use in ACT :

/bind "F9" "++CombatLog $$ CombatLog"
This toggles combatlog and displays its current value in the chat box.

EDIT: There is a ++interact in your list but I don't know what the ++ is gonna do here since interact doesnt have a value.

3- showfps

The fps-meter can be useful when setting one's graphic settings. Making it appear and disappear with a single keybind can be tricky because showfps alone deosn't work but also requires showdevui :

/bind "F10" "++showfps $$ ++showdevui $$ showfps $$ showdevui"
The problem is that when starting the game, showdevui starts with the -1 value instead of 0 so the first use of ++showdevui will set to 0 instead of 1.

To circumvent this problem, you have to open the game launcher's options and add the following comand in the "command line" option

-showdevui 0
Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing. I'm going to play around with it and then integrate it into my keybind package.
I think I'll probably split the keybinds into the F-binds and other binds to make it easier to install only the "basic" stuff

/interact
You're right I don't know why the ++was there in interact. I know it toggles, but haven't ever tried using interact without it.
There are 4 interact commands that I'm aware of, and I'd need to spend some more time with them to figure out exactly what the differences are
/interact = you've explained that this doesn't work with players. good to know
/interactandloot = you've explained that this is the default command used, so it works with everything, good to know
/interactincludevolume = I've been able to use this command to interact with nodes / NPCs that are currently clipping through walls or something (like one of the SH guards for the SH siege quest who would get stuck in a wall), even when the normal interact command didn't work. but not sure if that's relevant
/interactcursor = not sure

/combatlog
Awesome stuff, definitely going to build this in. I have an alias for combat log i didn't include above, but I like your elegant bind I'll probably toss it up onto my F10 position.

/showfps
need to think on this. I'm not a big fan of having fps numbers in non-FPS games lol so I personally didn't really explore these commands. but I'll play around with them over the next week and see what works. I'll def make mention of your stuff once I update :)

one more note on the ++. For _some_ but not all commands, you can instead say combatlog 1 or combatlog 0 to explicitly turn them on or off. You don't have to interface with the ++ to toggle them, you can set them explicitly with 1 or 0. Not all commands work like that, but combat log does for instance. But the toggle is very useful for binds <3

Stay tuned for updates, might take me a couple days :)
Edit: that took shorter than expected. whee!

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Updated OP
Added Change Log, because I remapped a few things
Added new ctrl+ bind package. Especially noteworthy is Artifleur's /interact (I bound to ctrl+g) which allows you to ignore players to easily get through crowded doors or nodes.
Assigned F10 spot to toggle combat log

Still looking for answers:
  • Exposed console commands for inviting or kicking from queue group
  • Exposed console command that would allow me to "save" the name of the target I'm looking at in an alias. $Target doesn't work because it is always resolved at the time you call it. (this is for the exalt package, would be great to bind "save whoever i'm looking at as my exalt named target" to a key)

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

It sounds like the new mod will have zooming!

/scrollZoomOff
I'll probably be moving the scroll functionality to a deprecated section
Edit: spoke to soon, the zoom they built in is still limited and it's really slow (small steps). I'm keeping my fov binds.
Last edited by dupeks on Wed Jul 26, 2017 01:34, edited 1 time in total.