Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Scathian
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

Post by Scathian »

http://janne.coreside.com/info-links/aliases

this is a fairly simple guide that should answer your questions

Bert
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert »

Is there a console command to Identify all items and to open the refinement window? I would like to bind those.

Krondor

Post by Krondor »

What is the console command to keybind a mount combat power to be activated during battle?

khdk111
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by khdk111 »

Krondor wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26
What is the console command to keybind a mount combat power to be activated during battle?
/bind "key" "+mount"

Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by Shadowblade »

Damn, I wish I'd found this a few days ago. Do those wheel zoom settings still work?

I bind Auction House to 9 with

/bind 0xa GenSendMessage Auction_root 1

Trying to find one for ZAX now.
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Shadowblade wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 18:01
Damn, I wish I'd found this a few days ago. Do those wheel zoom settings still work?

I bind Auction House to 9 with

/bind 0xa GenSendMessage Auction_root 1

Trying to find one for ZAX now.
alias zax "gensendmessage Menubar_Diamondexchangebutton Activate"

or the analogous
/bind [key] "gensendmessage Menubar_Diamondexchangebutton Activate"

Wheel zoom settings work, it overrides the new in-game zoom feature if you turn on the DIY FOV zoom.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

Cheers, dupeks.

I also came across several sites with Aliases for the custom zoom, including the one you mentioned at the Wiki. But they had different ways of activating the aliases file and neither seemed to work. So I'll be reading this in more detail over the weekend.

Also very interested in the Exaltation target lock bind, as when my AC used it back in the day, it was far too easy to hit the wrong player.

I think TR WK needs something similar for Vengeance's Pursuit. OP could use it as well (for Bane, IIRC). As they target only enemies, they can be uncastable if players or companions get in the way. "Not Valid target" error, and wastes time and opportunity having to re-position.

Cheers!
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

Another thing I'd love is for the Stronghold Mimic window to open Maximised and SHOW ALL ticked.

I do this every single time but it just won't stick.

I like to see what I can't donate because I don't have the Vouchers or because I am Maxed, as well as what I can donate, and it's a real PITA.

Cheers!.

Sierrebrarc
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Sierrebrarc »

So I have a new question... How do I permanently restore the zoom to the original. The zoom won't stay fixed, and everything gets skewed. Riding in boats was fun for about the first 2 minutes... if you move the mouse behind the boat to speed up it looks like you're traveling at warp speed.... That stopped being fun however, and I can only say I want it fixed now....

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Sierrebrarc wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 00:03
So I have a new question... How do I permanently restore the zoom to the original. The zoom won't stay fixed, and everything gets skewed. Riding in boats was fun for about the first 2 minutes... if you move the mouse behind the boat to speed up it looks like you're traveling at warp speed.... That stopped being fun however, and I can only say I want it fixed now....
Depends on what you've done / what you mean "restore the zoom to the original"

When you go on a boat, I think that the game applies a multiplier/bonus to your current FOV, which would normally zoom you out a bit. If you already have a high FOV set, though, it gets dizzying. The way I deal with it is I keep my /scrollZoomOn but zoom in with the mousewheel when I'm on a boat.

So how to "restore defaults" if you have the bind package installed?
If you have DIY scroll zoom enabled, turn it off with /scrollZoomOff
Set your FOV to your preference with /zoom 55 or /zoom 60 (I forget which is the default... it shouldn't matter much either will fix the dizzying nature of boats).

Sierrebrarc
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Sierrebrarc »

I've done the whole scrollzoomoff, and set to fov55, but it doesn't stay that way... and even if I set to 55 (which is default) the scroll is still the tweaked version where it's not smooth, you can zoom way out, etc. I've tried to use the commends on EVERY character, on ALL my accounts to make sure to doesn't switch again, but to no avail.

So what I mean by restore to default is to completely remove any trace of the modified zoom settings. I want the game to pretend I NEVER used the fov commands... ever. I tried deleting the alias file, but that did not fix it. So what else (without doing a full reinstall) should I look to fix?

I seem to remember there is a character based config file that allows you to change certain things, is there something in there that would refer to fov settings for each character?

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

There isn’t anything in the commands I posted that automatically changes game settings.

And once you run scrollzoomoff unblind your mouse wheel then it should not be scrolling any more. If it still does, then the unbinding didn’t take appropriately.

In desperation, you could try to remove all of the fov commands from the commands text file, and also try rebinding your mouse wheel up and down commands to something benign through the game UI (like the in-game smoothie zoom)

But to be clear, I definitely do not have the symptoms you are experiencing, and I’ve turned zoom on and off a lot recently just to check.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

I think Sierrebrarc should remember that the default settings also has a zoom for the mouse wheel, and the default fov is 55.

I've never been fishing in SoMI, so I don't know how disorientating the default settings are on the boats.

But he should maybe try:

/scrollZoomOff, /unbind_all and Set fov to 55 on each character (this should work anyway, but if it has glitched...)
Exit the game
Move the Alias file to another folder (or it will be reloaded again)
Relog and reset all UI settings and keybinds to default on each character
Set Keybinds and UI settings as he likes them and Save UI settings on his main
Exit the game
Relog and Load each character and load UI Settings
Exit the game
Relog and see if it's better

The default files do not all kick in for all settings until after you reload the character, sometimes not until after you quit the game and relog.

Then he can move the Aliases file back and use the ones he likes without the custom wheel zoom.

I am new to Aliases, but I have used customised files for each character for various keybinds and different taunts, emotes etc. Certain things are saved in different files and do not get loaded properly until after you quit and reload the character, particularly the keybinds saved by default in UI_Settings.txt.

Hopefully, this will help.

khdk111

Post by khdk111 »

Bert wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:21
Is there a console command to Identify all items and to open the refinement window? I would like to bind those.
Ok that was a bit tricky but I did it.

The commands themselves are simple:
gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Identifyall clicked
gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Refinebulksalvage clicked

But these commands don’t work when you have a mouse cursor mode active (when you pressed F2) and/or when you have UI windows opened (inventory, bank, mail, campaign window etc.).
In order to run gensendmessage command you have to close all windows and turn off mouse cursor mode. You can do it by pressing F2 or use a command:
suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0

So I made a final keybinds:
/bind "key1" "suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ inventory $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Identifyall clicked"
/bind "key2" "suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ inventory $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Refinebulksalvage clicked"

What that keybinds do:
- When you don't have any of UI windows opened – single click to run command and open inventory.
- When you have any of UI windows opened (inventory, bank, mail, campaign, character screen etc.) – first click to close current windows, second click to run command and open inventory.

Known issues:
- Commands will close opened UI windows.
- Commands don’t work in a store (merchant’s, campaign etc.).
- Commands won't run when you're typing something in a console or text fields.
- Inventory will open on last remembered tab. For example, when you have currency or profession tab active, closing and opening inventory will bring you to that tab. Also when you have daily lockbox key in a VIP tab, you will be forced to switch to that tab when open inventory.

Bert

Post by Bert »

Thanks a lot, I will try them out later when I log in!

They work like a charm. Wonderful! much kudos to you <3

Bert

Post by Bert »

/bind numpad3 "suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ inventory $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Identifyall clicked $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Refinebulksalvage clicked"

I condensed them both into one single button, usually after you identify you want to consume the items into RP to free bag space. Also this works if you just want to open the refinement window, it only give you an error that you don't have unid items in the inventory. My numpad1 and 2 are still the binds in separate cuz they might turn out useful, we never know.

khdk111

Post by khdk111 »

Bert wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 19:18
I condensed them both into one single button, usually after you identify you want to consume the items into RP to free bag space.
I also thought about this option. Indeed, this can be useful if you want to identify and to convert items at the same time which happens often :)

Stormshadow

Post by Stormshadow »

Is anyone having problems getting Aliases and Binds to install and uninstall since the latest patch? I use a slightly modified version of the original posted on the first page of this thread that I have been using for months with no problems. I did some tinkering recently to add some of the advanced binds for my DC. When I went to reload the binds with the alias /installBinds nothing happened on the character I tried it on. None of my other characters are affected and the binds work as they always did. I have not uninstalled on any of the other characters and I am scared to do so.

I tried to reset and return to defaults on that character.
I tried to log completely out and reset to defaults on that character.
I removed all of the changes I made to the CommandAliases.txt and still no joy. (I should have backed it up first before changing it to begin with.)
I went line by line and checked syntax and spacing but still no joy.
I used /unbind_all to reset and tried to load again. Nope.

I am at a loss, anyone have any ideas?

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Stormshadow wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 17:32
Is anyone having problems getting Aliases and Binds to install and uninstall since the latest patch? I use a slightly modified version of the original posted on the first page of this thread that I have been using for months with no problems. I did some tinkering recently to add some of the advanced binds for my DC. When I went to reload the binds with the alias /installBinds nothing happened on the character I tried it on. None of my other characters are affected and the binds work as they always did. I have not uninstalled on any of the other characters and I am scared to do so.

I tried to reset and return to defaults on that character.
I tried to log completely out and reset to defaults on that character.
I removed all of the changes I made to the CommandAliases.txt and still no joy. (I should have backed it up first before changing it to begin with.)
I went line by line and checked syntax and spacing but still no joy.
I used /unbind_all to reset and tried to load again. Nope.

I am at a loss, anyone have any ideas?
I would say the most likely scenario is you have an unmatched quote that got stylized. Especially " has a tendency to get formatted automatically in a bunch of text editors.

When you execute a command, does it say "unrecognized command" or does it do something else?

When I troubleshoot, I usually start with the commands at the top of the CommandAliases.txt and see if they execute. The first command should. I keep going down the list until I hit a command that does not work, and I look for unmatched or stylized quotes.

Another thing to note is that you don't actually have to exit/restart the game to make the changes. With the game open, you can open CommandAliases.txt, make a change, save, tab back to game, and try out the revised command. It reads from the file upon command resolution, rather than reading only when the game starts and storing in memory.

Finally, make sure you are editing the CommandAliases.txt in the right subfolder. Playtest and Live have different subdirectories, and I've definitely gotten myself confused about which one I was editing.

Stormshadow

Post by Stormshadow »

Thanks for the reply Dupeks. I will get it figured out and follow your suggestions. Funny thing is that it does not say anything when I type it in. Usually when I have made an error it does say "unrecognized command" and whatever the problem command is. That is why I thought that maybe the file location may have changed or something.

Last night I got half of it working. In my file I use the Number pad instead of the Cntrl+ keys you do in yours. I install both the "FBinds" and the "NBinds" with an alias named InstallBInds and uninstall with an alias called UninstallBinds like you do. This leads me to believe that I have an error somewhere in the "FBinds" part of my CommandAliases.txt because the "NBinds" were all working.

Thanks again for your reply, I will get it figured out and if not I will revert back to yours that you posted here. I see you have added a few new things since I originally used it a few months ago.

One more question while I have your attention, is there a character or file size limit on the size of the CommandAliases.txt? I figured since I am working on this today I might as well add all of the stuff from the "Advanced" post you link to.