Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
dupeks
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: Keybinds & Aliases for HAMSTERS

Post by dupeks »

Stormshadow wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 18:37
Thanks for the reply Dupeks. I will get it figured out and follow your suggestions. Funny thing is that it does not say anything when I type it in. Usually when I have made an error it does say "unrecognized command" and whatever the problem command is. That is why I thought that maybe the file location may have changed or something.

Last night I got half of it working. In my file I use the Number pad instead of the Cntrl+ keys you do in yours. I install both the "FBinds" and the "NBinds" with an alias named InstallBInds and uninstall with an alias called UninstallBinds like you do. This leads me to believe that I have an error somewhere in the "FBinds" part of my CommandAliases.txt because the "NBinds" were all working.

Thanks again for your reply, I will get it figured out and if not I will revert back to yours that you posted here. I see you have added a few new things since I originally used it a few months ago.

One more question while I have your attention, is there a character or file size limit on the size of the CommandAliases.txt? I figured since I am working on this today I might as well add all of the stuff from the "Advanced" post you link to.
If some of the commands work, but some others don’t, it’s a pretty good indication that somewhere you have an unmatched quote that is screwing up the parsing of the CommandAliases.txt file. The issue might be with the install command, or it could be somewhere higher up in the file but resulting in the install command being parsed incorrectly by the game engine.

There may be a limit to the size of the file, but I have not reached it. I have probably ~2x the command/alias lines that are posted in this thread plus the advanced module thread combined, and it works fine.

Stormshadow
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by Stormshadow »

Thanks for your reply. It is good to know that I still have room as far as file size goes. You are right about the "Install" being the problem because everything else seems to work fine if I add it in-game individually. The reason I was not seeing any errors was that the system text was somehow turned off on this character. Now that I have it turned back on I can see "Unknown command InstallFBinds". I thought I used Notepad to edit the first time but I guess I used something else. I know I will find the culprit eventually, but at least I have binds on that character again for the short term.

I am still having problems with the Advanced binds but I will post about that in the other thread.

Thanks again for your help!

Stormshadow

Post by Stormshadow »

I finally have everything sorted. I just started over and then re-added everything and it worked. Like you said it may have been using the wrong ", or I may have had a space or something in the wrong place.

My next question is if there is any way to comment inside the CommandAliases.txt?

I know in most code/scripts you can exclude a line from execution by commenting the line out. Does that functionality exist here? Can I just add // or ** at the beginning of a line and have that line skipped?

My memory is not what it used to be so I like to add reminders of why I did something a certain way and it also helps me divide things up nicely so that it is easier to read/troubleshoot.

Joris
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Joris »

Can somebody confirm that
alias chan2 "channelsend "channel name with spaces" {}"
from the original post works? I've gotten it to work in-game with this exact writing but placing it in my CommandAliases.txt fails to load it correctly and prevents the rest of the file from being loaded. Removing the inner quotation marks "fixes" the issue, but I can't use channels with spaces in them that way.

So far I've tried substituing the inner quotation marks with \" and ', the spaces with %20, +,  ,   and &xa0; all without success.
Stormshadow wrote: ...
My next question is if there is any way to comment inside the CommandAliases.txt?
Haven't found a way yet, but I can tell you the following don't work:
<!-- -->
//
/* */
REM

silvergriffon

Post by silvergriffon »

Here's one I use a lot now in Chult.

alias hd "++highdetail"

This will toggle drawing high detail objects. It clears away all the underbrush, making navigation and searching for things way easier.

See Bag of Tricks Vol 70

silvergriffon

Post by silvergriffon »

Joris wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 09:53
from the original post works? I've gotten it to work in-game with this exact writing but placing it in my CommandAliases.txt fails to load it correctly and prevents the rest of the file from being loaded. Removing the inner quotation marks "fixes" the issue, but I can't use channels with spaces in them that way.

So far I've tried substituing the inner quotation marks with \" and ', the spaces with %20, +, &nbsp;, &#160; and &xa0; all without success.
<!-- -->
//
/* */
REM
Just tested # and that worked.

Example:

# alias hd "++highdetail"

This produced an unknown command error. Removed the # and it worked again.

silvergriffon

Post by silvergriffon »

silvergriffon wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 16:36
Joris wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 09:53

So far I've tried substituing the inner quotation marks with \" and ', the spaces with %20, +, &nbsp;, &#160; and &xa0; all without success.
<!-- -->
//
/* */
REM
Just tested # and that worked.

Example:

# alias hd "++highdetail"

This produced an unknown command error. Removed the # and it worked again.
I also just tested it with my bind file and it works to comment out lines there as well.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

dupeks wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 06:21
Shadowblade wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 18:01
I bind Auction House to 9 with

/bind 0xa GenSendMessage Auction_root 1

Trying to find one for ZAX now.
alias zax "gensendmessage Menubar_Diamondexchangebutton Activate"

or the analogous
/bind [key] "gensendmessage Menubar_Diamondexchangebutton Activate"
What do I need to add so that pressing the button again will close the window?

Cheers!

:)
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Dawn Starr

Post by Dawn Starr »

i adjusted the /refine to include the idall:
alias refine "suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ inventory $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Identifyall clicked $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Refinebulksalvage clicked"
is there a way to include selecting gems and gear options in the refinement menu with code ? if so i'd love that

the problem i see is that the identifying has a delay with the server, so the load equipment won't work unless a delay is found. I thought having a complex coding might delay it enough but i don't know this code very well to make one.

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

I made some updates to the OP, incorporating recent community contributions.
Of note might be #COMMENTS (thanks silvergriffon) which make the file much more readable.

Stormshadow

Post by Stormshadow »

Thank you Dupeks and everyone who contributed to this project. It has made a world of difference to me and several of my guildmates. Now that we can comment I think I can finally get the last few holdouts using binds and aliases. Thanks again everyone!

silence1x

Post by silence1x »

Coming late to the party for this but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I copied the text to the desktop, moved it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\localdata. Is that the correct place? I tried /installFBinds - error "Unknown command". I tried to manually input one of the aliases and an error showed up as well - "[10:07] [System Notify] Cannot find channel "Teamid_Dragon84553496".

I know I'm doing something wrong on a basic level. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

silence1x wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 14:12
Coming late to the party for this but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I copied the text to the desktop, moved it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\localdata. Is that the correct place? I tried /installFBinds - error "Unknown command". I tried to manually input one of the aliases and an error showed up as well - "[10:07] [System Notify] Cannot find channel "Teamid_Dragon84553496".

I know I'm doing something wrong on a basic level. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
Check your path sillyhat! hee hee

But kudos to the devs to making the directory structure confusing and repetitive.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live (or Playtest)\localdata
not
C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\localdata

silence1x

Post by silence1x »

well crap. that was a rookie mistake. thanks dupeks!

Ez_Bee
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Ez_Bee »

is it possible to keybind(toggle) damage numbers? in crowded instances i can't see a thing from time to time cause everything is covered with orange numbers.

or maybe scale them down a little?

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

Oh, great! Forum's back up.

dupeks, is it possible to chain several emotes to a single key?

EG Yawn - facepalm - sleep?

I looked at the Wiki, but some of the emotes that are said to have their own command without needing "/emote" no longer work without it, and there's nothing about chaining them together.

Cheers!
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

dupeks

Post by dupeks »

Shadowblade wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 15:51
Oh, great! Forum's back up.

dupeks, is it possible to chain several emotes to a single key?

EG Yawn - facepalm - sleep?

I looked at the Wiki, but some of the emotes that are said to have their own command without needing "/emote" no longer work without it, and there's nothing about chaining them together.

Cheers!
I haven't tested thoroughly, but generally speaking chaining non-instant commands doesn't work well.

You can see many examples of commands being chained using $$ but they are usually all instant (like toggle the combat log $$ report the combat log status). But when I tried to do something like artifact power $$ mount power, it would only do the first command. My guess at what's happening is that the second command gets sent while the first animation is playing and gets ignored.

I haven't found any way to introduce a delay.

However, one thing you can do is combine a command with a rebind, so that pressing the same key repeatedly can yield different emotes in order. You can see how this is done with the /invo1 and /invo2 commands, as well as all of the /fov commands for DIY zoom. The result could be

press a key = bow
press it again = cheer
press it again = blow a kiss
etc.

You'd just need to define the order you want to follow.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

OK, cheers!

I tried using $$ with two emotes. When I bound it to F4, the second one played. But when I pressed F4 only the first one played.

So I thought maybe something like dynamic txt files we used to use for the scrolling zoom before they made a decent default one, or the one you use with Aliases, but was not sure how to do it.

But what you suggest sounds feasible, so I'll have a go!

Thanks, I have so much fun with emotes and battle cries!

I found that /Facepalm doesn't work without /emote facepalm, although the Wiki says that it at least once did. Something must have changed.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade »

Well, I tried it and finally managed to do it right!

For Example:

alias emo1 "emote Bow $$ bind F1 emo2"
alias emo2 "emote Blowkiss $$ bind F1 emo3"
alias emo3 "emote Wave $$ bind F1 emo1"

; and for a dance fest:
alias emo16 "emote dancefolk $$ bind F6 emo17"
alias emo17 "emote danceseductive $$ bind F6 emo18"
alias emo18 "emote dancesnake $$ bind F6 emo19"
alias emo19 "emote dancetwostep $$ bind F6 emo20"
alias emo20 "emote dancewave $$ bind F6 emo21"
alias emo21 "emote dancezombie $$ bind F6 emo16"

and then in-game

/bind F1 emo1 $$ bind F6 emo16

In theory, I could have every emote in the game bound to a single key and cycle through them!

Cheers!

Daze
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Daze »

Hi !

Is there a way to bind loadouts swap to a key ?

Thanks in advance.