As part of our basic gear guides, I’d like to go over Mount Insignias today. Insignias in Neverwinter provide both raw stats and unique set bonuses. We’ll deal with the bonuses in a separate article and will only see how you can acquire the Insignias in this piece. Other guides of this series distinguish between different drop locations or sets. But since Insignias largely come from lockboxes and cannot be logically categorized, we’ll just list the different variants and the boxes they can drop from.
Other Sources Than Lockboxes
- PRO: Free or at least very obtainable; most of them cheap on the Auction House
- CON: Currently there’s no point settling for green quality only, much less farming them
There are a few other sources that mostly drop green-quality Insignias of most variants. These are:
- Skill Nodes throughout the world (uncommon)
- Dungeon Bosses (uncommon or rare)
- The Mount Insignia Choice Pack from the Maze Engine campaign (rare)
- Some promotional and time-limited packs (uncommon)
- Selected introductory quests like “The Right Horse for You!”
- Silver Ticket store during the Summer Festival (uncommon and blue)
Insignias however is nothing you farm from the world. They are cheap and it’s not worth the trouble. The Summer Festival vendor might be an option when the event is up, but other than that there’s really no point settling for green ones unless you just want to fill your slots with something.
Insignias of Gond
- PRO: Cheap Insignias for all type of slots during event
- CON: Only available for a reasonable price during event days; limited to HP / Recovery
The Wonders of Gond event drops its own line of Insignias. All of them feature HP and Recovery as stats and exist in all variants (Barbed Insignia of Gond). They drop from the Creations of Wonder Pack and are very cheap during the event. If you’re looking to fill your slots with blue Insignias, the event is a viable choice. If you don’t need Hit Points and Recovery as stats however, this is only a temporary choice.
List of Insignias and Their Sources
- PRO: All variants and qualities
- CON: Mostly lockbox or ZEN exclusives; heavy RNG involved
Now let’s get to the list of Insignias and their (lock)box sources. Please note that both the older Jarl’s Mount Pack and Mystic Mount Pack are untested and not included. We should have everything else however. So in case you’re looking where to get a specific type, just scroll down and find the boxes you have to look for. And then all you need is a little luck with randomness. So what could possibly go wrong?
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 75,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.